Lovre Kalinić

Tomaszk

Wouldn't view this as a done deal IMO - few of things don't make sense:-

1.The reported fee is a whopper considering we have FFP problems

2.He has no experience in England - not a problem in the long term, but maybe too much to expect him to hit the ground running mid season

3.Tom Heaton or the geezer from Newcastle would appear to be comparable options at much less cost 

Interesting strategy if true - Highly rated by Remi Garde as well !  

18 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm a bit concerned about the potential fee, not a fan should be really but should we really be spending so much of our precious FFP allowance on a 'keeper when we also need 2 fullbacks and a centerback? 

Not that I know what our FFP limit is, but we surely can't spend £7 mill on every position.

I have a funny feeling our FFP cloud has long gone.

Especially when we are about to splash £7m on a keeper and we still need another 2-3 names/positions strengthened.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

As just hightlighted, not many clubs under a FFP burden get to spend £7m on a player..

I have a feeling we have considerably reduced our FFP deficit.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

As just hightlighted, not many clubs under a FFP burden get to spend £7m on a player..

It's possible, but I don't understand how we're not loss-making.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

My thoughts are there must be a big out to balance the books.......

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's possible, but I don't understand how we're not loss-making.

True, I think looking at the companies house details for us since July and a substantial amount of money has been injected into the club in stages explains it slightly.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, I think looking at the companies house details for us since July and a substantial amount of money has been injected into the club in stages explains it slightly.

I didn’t think that counted. Been ages since I looked at FFP stuff though. 

• Like 1

Maybe a bit concerning if he's rubbish with the ball at his feet considering how we like to play. £7m fee is a bit surprising also but at this point I've completely lost track with FFP, seems as if we're always fighting it yet nothing happens and we just keep buying 

Look at it like this, boys...  We have a 7 Million pound keeper incoming, 2 weeks before the window has even opened.  We're not messing about.  FFP isn't on the cards anymore...  Purslow confirmed that we have a clean slate financially and it looks like all the needed background corporate personnel are in place.  Pretty sure the new owners showed a bit of restraint this summer with signings, while they got the club finances corrected and the right people appointed.  Now that the ship is steadied and the club is headed in the right direction again, I expect to see the purse strings loosen up.  This is going to be the first signing of a very exciting 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm a bit concerned about the potential fee, not a fan should be really but should we really be spending so much of our precious FFP allowance on a 'keeper when we also need 2 fullbacks and a centerback? 

Not that I know what our FFP limit is, but we surely can't spend £7 mill on every position.

I would heed to caution regards the amount, the deal is probably largely structured and the higher end of such an amount, if even correct, would probably depend on a number of variables. Indeed, within the text it mentions Genk 'want' 5-10 million euros. Furthermore, the media have a bonafide reason to state the amount higher than is, in order to push the FFP narrative. 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says "Steven Robbens Follow @stevenrobbens Replying to @TheVillaHome From a season ticket holder @KAAGent on the potential move of #Kalinic strong in the air and surprisingly fast to the ground given his length. Good reflexes. Bad: he has terrible feet. Don't play the ball back to him. Overall, good signing for UK second division club. #AVFC"

Yeah, I’ve heard the same on other sites. Re the poor with feet issue: 1) Of all the GK aspects this one is the most easily coachable I would have thought 2) could still initiate quick counters with effective throwing 3) Cutler must have seen enough in him to believe he is suited to our game and/or can be coached accordingly. 

Petsonally, I believe this could be an excellent signing. 

8 hours ago, hippo said:

2.He has no experience in England - not a problem in the long term, but maybe too much to expect him to hit the ground running mid season

3.Tom Heaton or the geezer from Newcastle would appear to be comparable options at much less cost 

Interesting strategy if true - Highly rated by Remi Garde as well !  

Don't think we do have FFP if we're really thinking of signing a goalkeeper for 7 million, cant do.

Hasn't Purslow also stated our FFP is also not to be worried about and that the transfer market were good to go.

I've heard quite a few say he is poor with his feet, but at the end of the day he's a footballer. If we get him down the training ground and get him used to how we play I'm sure he can adapt. In the Championship I think you need a keeper who is big and not afraid to come and take people out. Nyland's main problem is he's too timid at times. I think at 6ft 7 he won't be afraid to come through the crowd. 

If we get a decent CB, LB and Tammy stays for the rest of the season I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

Â