January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

Moreira about to have his loan terminated according to the Mail...

Great another two loans freed up.

Obviously we never scouted him and went with word of mouth.  If he couldn't dethrone England you must be pretty shit

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Are we going to sign anyone before the deadline other then Kalinic and Haus? 

Dean said during his post match interview on BBC Radio WM last Saturday that "we're looking to bring in reinforcements during the window and we're hoping we can bring a couple in, certainly defensively because its an area that we need to strengthen, we haven't got the options we would like or the competition for them places, if we get that you'll see a stronger team". 

It's about 45.18 minutes into the clip below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06xfg17

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Great another two loans freed up.

Obviously we never scouted him and went with word of mouth.  If he couldn't dethrone England you must be pretty shit

Sadly it was Jorge Mendez mouth 

According to the Sun, I know...  lol, apparently we matched Bournemouth's 12 mil bid for Mepham and offered higher personal terms than they did, but he turned us down to play for Howe in the Premier League.

It really puts things into perspective just how low we've fallen recently.  

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

According to the Sun, I know...  lol, apparently we matched Bournemouth's 12 mil bid for Mepham and offered higher personal terms than they did, but he turned us down to play for Howe in the Premier League.

We have fallen far, but I've been wishing we were like Bournemouth for a number of years.

I remember we were their first ever opponents in the premier league. We gatecrashed their party, snatching a 0-1 win. 

If only we knew then how that season would pan out 😧

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, KMitch said:

On the up side, you could use it to show that we obviously have some money to spend, but won't just be signing dross for the sake of it.

Could also explain the hold up with signings.

Mepham might have been first choice but left us to wait.

Now expect us to move onto other targets asap.

There seems to be money to spend as long as it's on players we can actually sell later on for a bigger profit. 

Signing someone like Cahill does not fill that criteria. 

Get Hayden in. We need a DM, and he is young, english, and tall. That enough would get most club to splunk 30million on him in a few years. 

59 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Interesting. Money there to spend.

Anyone got a gif that sums up: 'utter shock that people still believe the crap written in newspapers about football transfers'?

EDIT: I added utter to better express what I mean.

EDIT 2: Also, are we really going to spend 12 million on a CB? I think that's unlikely.

Edited by praisedmambo

20 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think the departure of Bolasie, regardless of how it’s been phrased, is a significant moment. At last we are showing we’re not willing to pay for players who aren’t pulling their weight. It’s the start of the clear out, and sends a message to others that we are no longer a soft touch. Agents have been beating a path to our door with their has beens for too long. This needs to stop and hopefully now has. 

absolutely spot on Dave, well said.

Hard Nosed off the pitch, hard nosed on it.....That's what we want.

• Like 1