January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How good/bad is Mutch though ? I am sure bruce was linked with him a couple seasons back.

Apparently released from his contract 6 months early, mostly due to a really bad injury record etc.

So exactly the type of player we want to offer a 5 year, 50k a week contract to :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’d struggle to break teams down that have parked the bus if we did that. Full backs pushing on pulls defenders away.  I agree with you it would be better than conceding so many goals on the break though. 

Ive said before that when our full backs push up we need a defensive midfield or two with legs that can cover. 

Hourihane hasn’t got the legs.  There’s always so much space for teams to break. 

yes exactly.  when full backs push on the defensive midfielder should drop in to help out.  it's partly about legs but also just about awareness and responsibility in that role.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Apparently released from his contract 6 months early, mostly due to a really bad injury record etc.

So exactly the type of player we want to offer a 5 year, 50k a week contract to :)

Sounds like henwill fit right in here then and keep lansbury company.

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s worth giving him a chance in my opinion, he’s a Premier League footballer 

I agree, on a pay as you play deal....(on a pay as you play or on the bench)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

You are forgetting Davis.

To be fair I think striker is quite a way down the list for replacements even if Tammy leaves.

Davis, Hogan, RHM and kodjia can to some degree play that central striker role that DS plays.

Personally I really rate Davis, and at some point we need to see if Davis and RHM can cut it and make those positions their own.

I would rather invest the money in the rest of the team first tbh, no point in having a 20m striker if we concede goals like stealing candy off kids and can't get the ball to the striker cus the midfield is craven and can't pick a pass to save their life.

Yes I agree with you also, I would much rather find out if RHM and Davis can bring goals to the table other than go out and spend money on signings. Of course we need to plug the gaps firstly, to be honest it all comes from bad errors by defenders who lose sight of the game and what's going on that's causing those wins to turn to draws and losses. I myself would much rather bring some of the youth in and try them, I think it's safe to say that we have lost sight of promotion and we should use the time we have to ready youth for next season in the championship.

Back to bringing a striker in though, if I was Smith, as soon as Tammy leaves I would play Davies and RHM over Hogan and kodjia. I think we should sell Kodjia and Hogan, definitely think it would be a way to gain back something all while bringing youth strikers in for a chance.

55 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s worth giving him a chance in my opinion, he’s a Premier League footballer 

I would expect should we offer him anything it would be similar  to the 1 month deal we offered Collins 

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Uninspiring if there's no clause to buy him in the summer. I have zero appetite for loan transfers, especially young players from other clubs who are here for development. You can understand this in the case of Abraham but it's high time we either buy outright young players who have upside and/or bring through our own. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that there maybe a loan to buy put into the contract.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Celtic are looking to sign Portuguese U21 RB Fernando Fonseca from Porto (B) for £2m apparently.

Now I don't believe I've ever seen him play, and know absolutely nothing about him, but their scouting of McGinn was spot on so perhaps they got thin one right as well?

And £2m seem dirt cheap so perhaps we can steal this one too?

Could imagine that lol, they would be fuming with us if it happened again.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/21/aston-villato-end-yannick-bolasies-loan-deal-send-back-everton/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb&fbclid=IwAR20alv2Pap0-VXh83aDHc0QtQdfrIXyzNCeEMLVEmGrb7JWQCoRJ4Gj_F4

Aston Villa to end Yannick Bolasie's loan deal and send him back to Everton

Aston Villa are scrapping Yannick Bolasie’s loan deal and sending him back to Everton, in a move by head coach Dean Smith.

Bolasie will return to Everton this week after Smith opted to end his season-long loan move prematurely.

It is understood Villa agreed to pay all of Bolasie's £70,000 a week wages when he was signed in the summer by former manager Steve Bruce.

But the winger has struggled for regular game time since Smith's appointment in October and made only two starts in the Championship this year.

Villa also feel that, at the age of 29, there is no chance of Bolasie being signed permanently in the summer and have decided to terminate the deal.

Signed for £25m by former Everton manager Ronald Koeman in August 2016, Bolasie is now likely to be loaned out to another club for the second half of the season.

Smith is working on new signings this month as he bids to revive Villa's hopes of securing a place in the play-offs.

EDIT: CONFIRMED ON OS

HE IS GONE!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Wow! Didn't see that coming. I don't think he's been that bad, but the wages are insane. I mean he's no worse than anyone else.

Based on last weekend, you'd go with Green and El Gazi as the wingers.

EDIT: So it was his decision. OK then.

Edited by praisedmambo

So Bolasie gone, 70k saved.

Only need to offload Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Richards, Moriera, Bunn, El Ghazi, Whelan and Abraham at the end of the season for another 250k saving a week..........so prob in the region of 300k - 350k per week overall.

Nuts tbh, 300k a week on loans and sub par players, ouch.

We could probably get a whole team of decent players for that (salary wise).

Just now, MaVilla said:

So Bolasie gone, 70k saved.

Only need to offload Jedinak, Elphick, Hutton, Richards, Moriera, Bunn, El Ghazi, Whelan and Abraham at the end of the season for another 250k saving a week..........so prob in the region of 300k - 350k per week overall.

Nuts tbh, 300k a week on loans and sub par players, ouch.

We could probably get a whole team of decent players for that (salary wise).

Calling Abraham sub par is a bit harsh IMO :D