January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I remember we were their first ever opponents in the premier league. We gatecrashed their party, snatching a 0-1 win. 

If only we knew then how that season would pan out 😧

I text my mate who’s a life long cherries fan (read last five years). Straight after the game I said “Welcome to the big leagues!”.

i think it’s fair to say that one came back to haunt me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

According to the Sun, I know...  lol, apparently we matched Bournemouth's 12 mil bid for Mepham and offered higher personal terms than they did, but he turned us down to play for Howe in the Premier League.

It really puts things into perspective just how low we've fallen recently.  

In actual fact you offered more but Eddie Howe has been after him for 2 windows and dispite JTs efforts he wanted PL football now.Thats second Bees player in a week you  have had a knock back.sounds like JT has more involvement on your transfer targets than Dean has.Hiw long before he is named manager?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Norwich and Leeds two examples of teams that didn't rely on premier league money.  Shows it can be done.

We just need to be smart with the money we invest. 

And how many years has it taken Leeds?

As for Norwich, they are a yoyo club and always will be for the foreseeable future, they will be mid table in the Premier at best if they do go up this season imo.

10 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

In actual fact you offered more but Eddie Howe has been after him for 2 windows and dispite JTs efforts he wanted PL football now.Thats second Bees player in a week you  have had a knock back.sounds like JT has more involvement on your transfer targets than Dean has.Hiw long before he is named manager?

Any sources that aren't from made up stories in newspapers?

Oh just read the Terry part.

Guys, I have to say, I feel everyone must be an adult, but the amount of presuming and guessing in forming opinions is a bit shocking.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Who was the second player?

Matt Kendrick is on twitter asking his followers what they would think if the club signed Rico Henry. Didn't he do something similar just before we appointed Dean Smith? It was clear that was a PR stunt by the club. I wonder if it could be the same now with Henry?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Matt Kendrick is on twitter asking his followers what they would think if the club signed Rico Henry. Didn't he do something similar just before we appointed Dean Smith? It was clear that was a PR stunt by the club. I wonder if it could be the same now with Henry?

29 games in the last 3 seasons, mostly due to knee injuries, is a big worry tbf. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

A long time if he keeps getting knocked back. Although I wouldn’t have thought a Brentford fan would need any explanation with regards to systems, cogs in wheels etc. 

Well it looks like Chris metham is turning us down for bournmouth for 12 million and snubbed our better offer apparently.

And reading that we should target now lolley after sending Bolasie back, which we should of done and sealed that deal.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

The replies are all just people slating Taylor 😄

33 minutes ago, lexicon said:

29 games in the last 3 seasons, mostly due to knee injuries, is a big worry tbf. 

Agreed. If memory serves, before the knee there was a long lay off with a shoulder injury?

The kid certainly looks promising but also very lightweight. 

Edited by av1

49 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Facts what facts? The same papers that said grealish was leaving?  The ones that said Henry would be our manager? And who is the supposedly second player e have had rejected us.?

also can you provide evidence that terry is taking over over smith?

54 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Given the players involved I suspect Dean would have had a bigger role in deciding we should go for them. Not surprising they would go to PL league teams rather than us just now either. Looks like we may have to take our cash elsewhere. ;)

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

If there is any truth to rumour that we were also in for Mepham it points to the fact Smith will be backed.

Of course he will be backed.

He's very much here for the long term, Purslow has already said.

A bad blip of results because he's inherited a complete shit house squad doesn't mean he won't be.

12 mill for Mepham would have been a lot for our position with FFP especially when we need to be assembling a whole new team and bench come the summer with the amount of departures we will have.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

If you are planning on bringing in a young promising defender I think it's absolutely sound logic to use the former world class defender you have on the books to have a chat with the kid. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. If memory serves, before the knee there was a long lay off with a shoulder injury?

The kid certainly looks promising but also very lightweight. 

Oh No.....where's my rope.lol

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Of course he will be backed.

He's very much here for the long term, Purslow has already said.

A bad blip of results because he's inherited a complete shit house squad doesn't mean he won't be.

12 mill for Mepham would have been a lot for our position with FFP especially when we need to be assembling a whole new team and bench come the summer with the amount of departures we will have.

I maybe worded that wrong. Yes of course he will be backed, but given our financial issues the level of backing was maybe up for debate.

A £12m bid (If true) after the signing of a £7m keeper points to an ability and willingness to back him heavily.