January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh No.....where's my rope.lol

Mate I very much agree with you that we need more fight in the team, the lightweight comment was regarding his physical size, which is different from fight. John McGinn is only a small fella. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Facts what facts? The same papers that said grealish was leaving?  The ones that said Henry would be our manager? And who is the supposedly second player e have had rejected us.?

also can you provide evidence that terry is taking over over smith?

The most believable bit is we're raiding Brentford for players but sending John Terry to negotiate because, well, I guess we just don't have anyone on the books with a closer connection to Brentford I guess

Player in turning us down for a PL club shocker ..its going to happen if we are after that quality of player and a PL club is interested we are going to lose out , especially when we are miles off the pace in terms of promotion.

50 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

In actual fact you offered more but Eddie Howe has been after him for 2 windows and dispite JTs efforts he wanted PL football now.Thats second Bees player in a week you  have had a knock back.sounds like JT has more involvement on your transfer targets than Dean has.Hiw long before he is named manager?

Your comments come across like a cuckold trying to find out from her new lover what his ex is up to! They just keep leaving, don't they mate?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mate I very much agree with you that we need more fight in the team, the lightweight comment was regarding his physical size, which is different from fight. John McGinn is only a small fella. 

I know....that's why I talk about Character.

I could write a list of diminutive players with ferocity.....Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Alan Ball, David Speedie etc.

The things is though, a good big one will beat a good little one, as they say, very much a generalisation, but there is always an exception.

Eamonn Deacy was only a bag of bones....but when he tackled you could hear it up the bull ring.

Look, I don't want to labour this point as if its the be all and end all.....but we are short on it....I would cringe to think what we would be like without McGinn.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Your comments come across like a cuckold trying to find out from her new lover what his ex is up to! They just keep leaving, don't they mate?

Probably also upset about the fee, wasn't there Brentford lads on here last week declaring that Mepham had been valued at £20m plus and that Brentford wouldn't budge?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I know....that's why I talk about Character.

I could write a list of diminutive players with ferocity.....Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Alan Ball, David Speedie etc.

The things is though, a good big one will beat a good little one, as they say, but there is always an exception.

Eamonn Deacy was only a bag of bones....but when he tackled you could hear it up the bull ring.

Look, I don't want to labour this point as if its the be all and end all.....but we are short on it....I would cringe to think what we would be like without McGinn.

Couldn't agree more. It's a area we are desperately lacking in. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Probably also upset about the fee, wasn't there Brentford lads on here last week declaring that Mepham had been valued at £20m plus and that Brentford wouldn't budge?

Yeah, I love all these fans of other clubs just stopping by to tell us how small time we are now.  hahaha

The Brentford lads, I can understand, but what's with all the Leeds chaps?

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I suppose Brentford fans know everything that goes on because unlike other clubs they have 2 Directors of rumours and gossip coaches and tittletattle analysts that feed info to fans in near real time through power point presentations. 🙄

I mean, some of them were also trying to convince us that Dean Smith didn't do anything other than pass out bibs and place the cones at training and the players wouldn't even notice that he was gone.  The massive fall off in form Brentford has had since he left must have something to do with the teams not knowing which flags to dribble around or who is who in the 5 a side training games every day...  

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I suppose Brentford fans know everything that goes on because unlike other clubs they have 2 Directors of rumours and gossip coaches and tittletattle analysts that feed info to fans in near real time through power point presentations. 🙄

The Directors of rumours and gossip are little more than figureheads to be honest.

There is a system of gossip and it mainly takes care of itself, you could change either or both of those directors and the gossip would just continue unabated. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I maybe worded that wrong. Yes of course he will be backed, but given our financial issues the level of backing was maybe up for debate.

A £12m bid (If true) after the signing of a £7m keeper points to an ability and willingness to back him heavily. 

Purslow also said there will be outs......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

If they can find anyone WILLING to pay money for anyone in our squad, other than Grealish and McGinn, we should snap their hands off.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

As i said earlier in the thread, Grealish and McGinn aside, I can't say there is a single player on our books that I'd be be terribly upset to see leave. 

Just now, KMitch said:

If they can find anyone WILLING to pay money for anyone in our squad, other than Grealish and McGinn, we should snap their hands off.  

Beat me to it. The issue we have is finding buyers as the vast majority of the squad have contracts that I don't see perspective buyers wanting to match. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

As i said earlier in the thread, Grealish and McGinn aside, I can't say there is a single player on our books that I'd be be terribly upset to see leave. 

Easy to say - but they would need replacing...throw the kids or some budget buys and we have a recipe for disaster next season IMO.