January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

said it before places like Poland, Scandinavia etc can unearth gems for half the price. Granted not all going to work out

I completely agree with this. A lot depends on different work permit rules, but they would be completely undervalued in transfer fee and likely won't command big wages. 

TBF I'd rather miss on players like Helenius Tonev compared to spending shed loads on McCormack, Richards and others of that ilk. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Josh Maja at Sunderland looks decent, and has rejected a contract offer recently. 20 years old and 15 goals already this season. Has been linked with the PL but he's not proven at all. Could be another Ollie Watkins.

Maja is a great shout. Out of contract in the summer, could get him cheaper than most other targets we would be looking it. Nowhere near the finished article but clearly a natural goalscorer which is what we will be needing with tammy going. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, av1 said:

That's unfortunate, the kid looks like a decent player, is young and has a nasty streak in him something we desperately lack. 

Is your scepticism based on the ability to afford him or something else?

It's the nasty streak he has that makes me want him over his other traits.

For far too long we have become a soft touch, we need players with fire in their bellies.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Abraham goes then we will have  to get another goal scorer in. If Kodjia then gets injured we would be deep in the brown stuff as Hogan and Davis together have scored about 10 goals for us so far.

I'd like us to bring in 2 strikers. One now and one in the summer, unless we can get 2 targets in this window by offloading a couple of players (e.g. Hogan). We should look to try and get two 15-goal strikers, like WBA do with Gayle and Rodriguez.

2 hours ago, privateer said:

Hause with Roofe up top? Gotta be done. Get Gardener back and we're sorted.

Linking up with Wayne Kitchen Diner, Jason Spare Back Bedroom and Aaron Useful Storage Space Under The Stairs. 

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Maja is a great shout. Out of contract in the summer, could get him cheaper than most other targets we would be looking it. Nowhere near the finished article but clearly a natural goalscorer which is what we will be needing with tammy going. 

His agent seems a rocket polisher according Sunderland owner

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Linking up with Wayne Kitchen Diner, Jason Spare Back Bedroom and Aaron Useful Storage Space Under The Stairs. 

Also links with Jacuzzi, but may be a luxury addition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I can't find any of those of Wiki so I think you made them up. But I'll take anyone who helps our home record.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm Interesting!!

Maupay would be a excellent signing and is very young. I would b thrilled with him as tammys replacement. Also looks like Hause is coming. Although I thought he had a foot injury??

I don't know where that journalist gets his info from, but Brentford won't be selling him for less than £15 million at least, could be asking for more as he's contracted till summer 2021, he could also turn out another Hogan when he's away from Brentford, they never seem to play the same when they leave !!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonjon said:

I don't know where that journalist gets his info from, but Brentford won't be selling him for less than £15 million at least, could be asking for more as he's contracted till summer 2021, he could also turn out another Hogan when he's away from Brentford, they never seem to play the same when they leave !!!!

So you’re saying Brentford is a grave yard for players, they either are stuck with you for eternity or immediately turn into Sunday footballers as soon as they leave? The mysterious tales of The Brentford Triangle. 🤔

You may have a point with Hogan to be fair!

On a more serious note, how does Maupay compare with Hogan? They are about the same size I believe, so won’t be strong in the air, like Abraham is. Therefore I’d assume Maupay would need similar service to Hogan, which we don’t appear to have been able to provide for him much. So is Maupay just a better, more busy and aggressive version of Hogan and if so is that enough to make him effective or will we just have two similar players who are equally as ineffective. If that’s the case we either look elsewhere, or adapt our style to improve the type of service Hogan needs and save our money. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think it’s run it’s course. It certainly won’t go on furlong now. 

Contrary to that, I heard that the deal just needs to get over the final hurdle and then he's ours! 

PS: and when asked how he felt about joining Aston Villa Hause replied that he was "chomping at the bit and couldn't wait to sign" 

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 1

Does anyone else think that Iheancho might rediscover his goal touch with us and that his parent club as well as us might therefore benefit from a loan with us until the end of the season if Abraham does move? 

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Contrary to that, I heard that the deal just needs to get over the final hurdle and then he's ours! 

PS: and when asked how he felt about joining Aston Villa Hause replied that he was "chomping at the bit and couldn't wait to sign" 

So, he is more than equipped to play hoofball?

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

On a more serious note, how does Maupay compare with Hogan? They are about the same size I believe, so won’t be strong in the air, like Abraham is. Therefore I’d assume Maupay would need similar service to Hogan, which we don’t appear to have been able to provide for him much. So is Maupay just a better, more busy and aggressive version of Hogan and if so is that enough to make him effective or will we just have two similar players who are equally as ineffective. If that’s the case we either look elsewhere, or adapt our style to improve the type of service Hogan needs and save our money. 

I can't see us being able to finance a move for Maupay - esp not in this window.