January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Just now, deeps said:

Well, with Jack out. Tammy gone. Axel out. I think we should use this window to plan for next season if we can. As someone said above, like Bruce’s first Jan. I can’t see us going up now, we’ve lost a spine in the last 4 weeks. Let’s ship the poo if we can and sign players smith wants. No more loans going forward please! 

i very much agree with this, i think we will struggle to get promoted this season, and even if we do get promoted, personally i think the ideal scenario for us is to actually not get promoted this season, build a DS team, get everything working well, and be ready for a proper push next season with a sexy, free flowing, attacking team next year.

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

Taylor 

Hutton

Elmo

Glenn

Albert 

Hogan 

All need replacing. We also need a commanding CB. As I said above, we need to use this window to build for next season. 

we spent all our budget on a goal keeper who looks really good** 

**the above entire sentence isn't true

Edited by VillanousOne

I know it was an experimental scratch side today - especially the defence but it did further highlight the issues we have with quality and squad depth.

If Smith et al have identified Hause from Wolves as being a player that can do more than plug a hole then the club should do everything required to sign him.

As for Tammy - we will need another striker in too as Kodjia, Hogan and the kids won't get the necessary goals we need to get up the table. 

The past few weeks have really thrown a spanner in the works. Tuanzebe was looking like our strongest defender and Abraham was essential. We need to replace both those players just to stand still. Bit obvious but I know how much people like to ignore context. 

Today highlights that the squad players are not good enough and cannot be trusted to come in when needed.

We need to in my view get a defence sorted this window and summer get the attackers come the summer. It's clear we need defenders who can defend not hopeless donkeys like hutton and Taylor.

2 hours ago, deeps said:

Taylor 

Hutton

Elmo

Glenn

Albert 

Hogan 

Jedinak

Bjarnason

All need replacing. We also need a commanding CB. As I said above, we need to use this window to build for next season. 

Extended the list for you.

I don't care to much about the result today as I realise things have to be done correctly this time and that in itself takes time. I do however think we need to look at shifting, out of the active squad players, the following...…..

• Hutton
  • Elmo
  • Lansbury
  • Kodjia
  • whelan
  • Jedinak
  • Adomah
  • Steer
  • Elphick
  • Taylor
  • Bjarnason(forgot him for a sec)

For what its worth I think most if not all the above will be gone or on the way within 12 months. I have possibly have missed a couple off the list as well but I would also be looking to replace Hogan, Chester, Hourihane in the 1st team as I personally don't believe their are good enough consistently to be guaranteed starters. Especially in the system Smith is employing, although I would keep them in the squad. Add to the list the loans that will leave, including Axel, Bolaisse, Tammy, El Ghazi(?) and it looks a monumental task for Smith and Co to sort out removing the aged and not so good from the squad and replacing them. 

Of course I could be way off with this prediction, however I think this is what will happen. Not overnight but I'm sure as shit the powers that be realise how many players there are in the current squad to shift and replace for us to be where we need to be. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by avfc1982am

i mean, honestly, this is how i see it....."XXX" means we need a new player there:

Kalinic

XXX - Chester - XXX - XXX

XXX - Grealish - McGinn

El Ghazi - XXX - Bolasie

I have left the SC role as XXX as im partly assuming Abraham might not be with us at the end of Jan? (if he is, then ofc its Abraham)

Thats basically 50% of our team.

I think the MC role i have X'd, needs to be a proper ball playing DMC.

Lansbury may also have a future with us if he can get and stay fit, and play like we know he can. (he was good vs swansea today)

The worst thing is, even if we fill all those X's, we need to replace El Ghazi & Bolasie for next season.

Personally, i dont even rate Chester that much.......but i have included him in the 1st team cus.....well.......just because?

The players i would like to see developed over the next 12 months, who i didnt place in the team due to the fact they will need to be integrated, but i think could be excellent long term, Revan, Bedeau, J.D-Hayes, O'Hare, Davis, and any other u23's who might be ready for steady integration in to the first team bench/sub.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't care to much about the result today as I realise things have to be done correctly this time and that in itself takes time. I do however think we need to look at shifting, out of the active squad players, the following...…..

• Hutton
  • Elmo
  • Lansbury
  • Kodjia
  • whelan
  • Jedinak
  • Adomah
  • Steer
  • Elphick
  • Taylor
  • Bjarnason(forgot him for a sec)

For what its worth I think most if not all the above will be gone or on the way within 12 months. I have possibly have missed a couple off the list as well but I would also be looking to replace Hogan, Chester, Hourihane in the 1st team as I personally don't believe their are good enough consistently to be guaranteed starters. Especially in the system Smith is employing, although I would keep them in the squad. Add to the list the loans that will leave, including Axel, Bolaisse, Tammy, El Ghazi(?) and it looks a monumental task for Smith and Co to sort out removing the aged and not so good from the squad and replacing them. 

Of course I could be way off with this prediction, however I think this is what will happen. Not overnight but I'm sure as shit the powers that be realise how many players there are in the current squad to shift and replace for us to be where we need to be. Fingers crossed! 

Great idea to move on the only player who came out of the game with any credit.

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

Great idea to move on the only player who came out of the game with any credit.

Every single player on the list is capable of having credible games and great games from time to time, just not consistently enough. And I did also mention that it wasn't based on todays game. I don't know who you are referring either as I watched bit of the game but imo if any of the players in the list left I wouldn't shed any tears at all. 

The title of this thread could not be more accurate. 

We really do need a whole new team. 

I just can't see how we're going to do it though with FFP. We have clearly found wiggle room but how much? We have so many areas to fix, I mean merely replacing Abraham is going to cost megabucks assuming we don't strike it lucky with another loan deal out of the blue. 

When I think of how much money we have pissed against the wall on Hogan, Tishbola, McCormack, Gollini etc I could weep. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Trying to consider how our starting 11 and each backup position might look ideally for the 2019 season?, "xxx" is need to purchase imo.

Obviously this team doesnt include Abraham, El Ghazi, Bolasie, or any other loans, as unless we purchase them, they wont be here next season? (i also havent included players whose contract expires this summer, or players i would just release or sell :))

Anyone have any thoughts?

Team & Backups

Kalinic/Nyland

Bree/XXX  -  Chester/Revan  -  XXX/XXX  -  Taylor/XXX

Hourihane/XXX  -  Grealish/XXX  -  McGinn/Lansbury

Green/O'Hare  -  Davis/XXX  -  Kodjia/XXX

Possibles to keep/sell

- Hogan, BB, Adomah, Kodjia ?

- i make that 8 signings required minimum?

Honorable mentions (of possible players to develop/integrate/give some exposure/loan out - whichever is best)

- Sarkic, Bazeley, Bedeau, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Mitchell Clark, RHM, McKirdy.

Agree?? / Disagree ???

Edited by MaVilla