January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You realise what world class means right? the fact that I had to google his name to find out he's an 18 year old kid at Chelsea suggests he is nowhere near "world class". Why can't he get in the Chelsea team if he's "world class"?

Yep...I agree with this. The term World Class get misused a lot in this country for unproven players.

25 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You realise what world class means right? the fact that I had to google his name to find out he's an 18 year old kid at Chelsea suggests he is nowhere near "world class". Why can't he get in the Chelsea team if he's "world class"?

but he's WORLD KLASS, WORLD KLASS i say, he's at least twice as good as the guy who delivers my milk in the morning!!!

I also heard the guy who delivers my milk might be my dad.....so he's obviously good at sticking it in the......net.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

yeah you could be right, but personally i dont think we will get promoted this season, and every minute lost developing the right side and mentality, is time lost for next season when we need to hit the ground running.

Personally i would prefer giving Davis some time to see if he can fit in the team. (if i had to choose between Hogan, Davis & Kodjia)

But thats just my personal opinion.

On another note, watching some of Hogan's goals at Brentford, the guy is a very good finisher and has very good movement (at Brentford), i honestly cant see a player becomes crap overnight, it just seems we ruin a lot of players for whatever reason. (could be us ruining them, or them not being able to handle the pressure of a bigger club, or a mixture of both, dunno, but regardless, watching some of his goals at Brentford the guy can/could finish).

Your comments re Hogan are spot on 

Hause signed so thats CB sorted?, just need LB, RB and DMC?.

Would possibly also like a MC of the Sawyers variety or similar.

Obviously the striker scenario is debatable if abraham leaves.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

We can't afford Maupay

I think we can, but FFP wouldn't allow us to as well as make other necessary signings. Or we might consider he has been over priced.

Perhaps, JT can have a word with Chelsea who owe us one now in my opinion concerning how the Abraham loan deal looks to have turned out and can arrange for them to make another one of their many good young players available to us by way of compensation.

1 hour ago, John said:

I think we can, but FFP wouldn't allow us to as well as make other necessary signings. Or we might consider he has been over priced.

Perhaps, JT can have a word with Chelsea who owe us one now in my opinion concerning how the Abraham loan deal looks to have turned out and can arrange for them to make another one of their many good young players available to us by way of compensation.

Maybe we can get that welsh kid for 6 months? 

• Like 1

Hogan is a disaster here. 

It strikes me that the way to get Maupay in is to offer them Hogan plus a couple of million to pay his wages. 

We get one of the hottest strikers in the league this year and they get a legend back and good luck to them with him. 

Need to ensure we don't massively overpay Maupays wages like we always seem to do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Scott Hogan is about as much of a Brentford legend as Andi Weimann or Darius Vassell were Villa legends

Vassell is a black and decker legend, though!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Scott Hogan is about as much of a Brentford legend as Andi Weimann or Darius Vassell were Villa legends

Some post earlier stated he is considered a bit of a legend by Brentford fans.  Sorry if that's wrong, just saying what I read. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Some post earlier stated he is considered a bit of a legend by Brentford fans.  Sorry if that's wrong, just saying what I read. 

Think people were looking for an excuse to flog him but he is far from it. He got 21 goals in 3 years at the club and was injured a lot of the time

38 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Certain moments ( Good or Bad)  in football, life are seen as a pivotal point in a change in direction.

We have experienced many bad moments in recent years as Villa fans and with Abraham this is another pivotal point in our story.

The question is how does our club respond to this, do we become resilient and change our approach?

I hope so, 

I really hope that our dealings in the market are now long term with a proper recruitment strategy, we need to start building for next season. 

There are future international players in the cusp of lower echelons in football, there are youth players that are going to be snatched by the elite and there are players that were not given a chance by their premier league clubs so they got let go. (Trippier, Mempam, Keane, Brooks ect)

Players like Bowen, Jota, Maddison, Saiz, Maguire, Wilson have all joined Championship clubs for peanuts.

We really need to start being very savy in this transfer market and really build something.

I can imagine that Purslow is annoyed with what has happened with TA so he will make sure that something like will not happen again.

Honestly,

I just want us to start recruiting better, with younger players that fit a system of DS style.

I am not interested in us signing players like Benteke, Sturridge & Cahill because they serve no longevity to this club.

Now I’m not trying to cling on to Benteke memories here but you’d seriously not be interested in signing him if the option came up? He would kill this league! More then Grabban or Abraham would.