Dean Smith

Demitri_C

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said before what he brought was the buzz, there's no metric for it, sky can't quantify it, sky can't even see it, even like the idea that he bought Luiz and Watkins doesn't see a football club for what it is

"we've got our villa back" it was Smith not Unai... Unai took it to the next level, Gerrard tried to bury it, but the ST waiting list, the ambition, the belief... That's Smith 

I **** love the man and I hope he's proud as **** 

Indeed.

I absolutely love what Emery is doing here, I have absolutely nothing but respect for the man, but Deano, he brought back the love, after a decade of falling out of love with the club. It wasn't all him, but he more than played his part. 

All's well that ends well, and if we'd not moved on, we probably wouldn't have ended up with Unai, but that move from Smith to Gerrard is the most angry I've ever been at the club, and it isn't even close.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed.

I absolutely love what Emery is doing here, I have absolutely nothing but respect for the man, but Deano, he brought back the love, after a decade of falling out of love with the club. It wasn't all him, but he more than played his part. 

All's well that ends well, and if we'd not moved on, we probably wouldn't have ended up with Unai, but that move from Smith to Gerrard is the most angry I've ever been at the club, and it isn't even close.

It felt like we were throwing away all of our good work under NSWE for some vanity project. Stevie Wonder could see that someone with just 3 years of experience in the SPL would probably not do very well in this league.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like he wants to get back in again giving that big exclusive.

A few jobs going in the championship, can't see him being in contention for Sunderland but think he'd be a decent fit for Swansea.

Said it before, he would be perfect for the Ireland job. Better than some clown like Bruce

Different position but he could easily do with Ferguson who is potentially world class like he did with Grealish

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Laid the foundation for our Don to take us to new heights. The culture he instilled in the players cannot be overstated. Suso, Lange and Purslow also deserve a lot of credit, as they always made the player's character a priority before signing. Very good work done by all involved between 2018-2021.

Agreed. They were all integral to our revival, Smith especially left a very good foundation. Even the Gerrard blip ended up working in our favour as it resulted in us getting Unai.

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

Apparently him and Lampard applied for the fc charlotte mls gig, a friend and very qualified friend applied for it and they said they'd been burned with inexperienced coaches......

Yep, saw this on the athletic. Would think that’s a good spot and his son plays in Carolina as well.

as you know, Tepper isn’t the best owner as well.

Edited by Villaphan04

5 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

He’s too good for an MLS job.

he needs to go to a championship club which are on the way up, not on the way down. One where the manager has just been poached for a bigger team rather than sacked. That then gives a more stable platform to do what he does best rather than firefighting which I don’t think is his strength 

Maybe but it would be a good gig for him it’s a good developmental league some decent young talent to work with as wel as experienced pro’s good facilities a new country and experience and probably better wages than the championship.

• Like 3

He needs to choose his next job very carefully, if he wants rebuild his reputation and work his way back up in the game, otherwise will just become the kind of manager that goes from club to club in the lower reaches doing nothing of note, a steady job at best. I think Sunderland could be a good match, but they will probably want someone they see as having a more fancy reputation

Â