Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bristol City is the job for him I reckon.

Just sacked Pearson. Always bring young players through and he won't have the pressure at Norwich to get them automatics. Would be given the time to build them like he had at Brentford.

My Derby supporting mate reckons there gaffer is toast.

Would be a great project for him just up the A38. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why would he drop to League 1 or Bristol City. He got a Premier League gig last season and nearly kept Leicester up

He will be looking for a playoff gig at worse

Table is very tight, Bristol City only about 4 points off 6th.

36 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Konsa 12m, Watkins 30m, Luiz 15m, Buendia 38m, Cash 15m, Martinez 20, JPB free, Bailey 28m, 

Grealish 100m 

Thanks Gaffa 

JPB was a youth player signed before Smith was in charge

On 03/09/2023 at 08:13, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Firstly; I think we should never forget that we would not have Emery without the foundations Smith put in place. In the grand scheme of things if we do carry on the upward trajectory Smith should always be respected for what he’s done for the club. 
As others have said, I imagine Smith will look at Emery happy with how the club is progressing and also pleased that his legacy is being built on rather than ripped up like Gerrard nearly did.

Dean is Vic Crowe

Unai is Ron Saunders.

• Like 1

I really respect Dean for coming back to Villa Park the other day. Most people I think would maybe be too prideful to not only come to the game but be part of the media contingent doing interviews. 

I would love to see him back in the fold eventually in some capacity. 

• Like 3

That first transfer window back in the PL was weird because it was mostly squad fillers for a relegation scrap who we have since long outgrown but then we also bought Konsa and Luiz for a combined £27m. Combined they're probably easily worth £150m+ now. Mings at £20m was also a very good bit of business (many outside of Villa thought we were overpaying at the time).

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That first transfer window back in the PL was weird because it was mostly squad fillers for a relegation scrap who we have since long outgrown but then we also bought Konsa and Luiz for a combined £27m. Combined they're probably easily worth £150m+ now. Mings at £20m was also a very good bit of business (many outside of Villa thought we were overpaying at the time).

In hindsight it was actually a good window. We signed 12 players that summer and Luiz, Konsa, Mings, Anwar, Targett{player of the season} and Trezeguet{them goals kept us up} were successes. Nakamba and Hause were solid squad players and I think injuries left a long term question mark about Heaton, Wesley{no need to go around in circles on this as we will never know what might have happened} and maybe even Engels.

Jota was the only flop and all we paid for him was getting rid of Gary Gardner

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In hindsight it was actually a good window. We signed 12 players that summer and Luiz, Konsa, Mings, Anwar, Targett{player of the season} and Trezeguet{them goals kept us up} were successes. Nakamba and Hause were solid squad players and I think injuries left a long term question mark about Heaton, Wesley{no need to go around in circles on this as we will never know what might have happened} and maybe even Engels.

Jota was the only flop and all we paid for him was getting rid of Gary Gardner

Oh yeah the window was clearly a success, both because we achieved our immediate goal (staying up) but also got 3 players who are still key players for us 4 years on, 1 of whom is a genuine potential £100m+ player.

Â