Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

A 6,000 mile roundtrip. Wonder what the away following was like?

There was a pic on reddit. Looked approx 10 fans.

"Super, Super Ash, Super, Super Ash, Super, Super Ash, Super Ashley Westwood!"

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Get a round of "Dean Smith's *insert Charlotte FC colours here* army!" Going 

22 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Do they only play 1 game per month or something?

Season has only just started. Some teams don't have many home games to start. Especially here, it should be -20c or so but it's abnormally warm for this time of year. Imagine living in Texas and then coming and playing in the snow in Canada! Schedule is a bit weird for the next few weeks. I believe our first home game is this weekend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MapleVilla said:

Season has only just started. Some teams don't have many home games to start. Especially here, it should be -20c or so but it's abnormally warm for this time of year. Imagine living in Texas and then coming and playing in the snow in Canada! Schedule is a bit weird for the next few weeks. I believe our first home game is this weekend.

The Salt Lake vs L.A. game at weekend looked hilarious😂

On 04/03/2024 at 01:27, Don_Simon said:

A 6,000 mile roundtrip. Wonder what the away following was like?

I was at the game and surprisingly there were some away fans, about a row or two of them so I'd guess somewhere from 10-20 people.

Fair play to them it's a hell of a trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TS said:

I was at the game and surprisingly there were some away fans, about a row or two of them so I'd guess somewhere from 10-20 people.

The internet, on occasion is a wonderful place! Thanks for the info buddy.

9 hours ago, TS said:

Probably 'expats' who live or work in the area. 

Posted (edited)
On 04/03/2024 at 18:29, MapleVilla said:

they're all family friendly places so there's no shouting profanity at a dodgy free kick decision. Worst you hear is "ref you suck"! 

Sounds **** shite. Only a word removed would enjoy that, or maybe a clearing in the woods. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

On 04/03/2024 at 19:38, Hornso said:

There was a pic on reddit. Looked approx 10 fans.

Thought I was in the small heath thread for a second 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Thought I was in the small heath thread for a second 

And then you realised there's no way Small Heath would get 10 fans these days. 

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2024 at 14:22, HKP90 said:

Do they only play 1 game per month or something?

The best teams, like my Columbus Crew, will go to Houston and then play at home in the same week, roughly an 1100 mile trip. This is on the regular.

There is a lot of reasons why European players struggle to adjust to the MLS. Not the least of which, the travel is BRUTAL, especially when it comes to Champions League (never calling it Champions Cup) and now Leagues Cup.

Saw Deano on Saturday.....from a far! I'll post a picture at some point. Nothing crazy, but was cool to see him and Westwood. Westwood didn't really do much or have much impact on the game. Our younger midfield seemed to control them better. Wonder strike from Insigne won the game. I enjoyed while I ate my porchetta sandwhich, and a nice beer.....$41 CAD mind you.

As OhioVilla says the travelling can be brutal. Add the different pitches as well. Toronto's is proper grass, but some are artifical turf and you can tell some players just aren't the same on it. 

Â