Dean Smith

Demitri_C

David Tepper is the worst owner in sports and I'm afraid he's going to kill Deano's career altogether with this appointment.  His hands on meddling with his teams makes Todd Boehly look like a genius.  He took the Carolina Panthers from being a playoff team to the worst team in the NFL, without the 1st overall draft pick to rebuild with next season.  He doesn't give any of his managers enough time to turn results around/build a culture and takes no accountability for himself when things get worse and worse for his teams year after year.  Here's a good video which shows how much of an idiot this guy is...  I wish Deano the best of luck, but I have a feeling this is going to be more difficult than any other job he's had before in his career.  

53 minutes ago, KMitch said:

David Tepper is the worst owner in sports and I'm afraid he's going to kill Deano's career altogether with this appointment.  His hands on meddling with his teams makes Todd Boehly look like a genius.  He took the Carolina Panthers from being a playoff team to the worst team in the NFL, without the 1st overall draft pick to rebuild with next season.  He doesn't give any of his managers enough time to turn results around/build a culture and takes no accountability for himself when things get worse and worse for his teams year after year.  Here's a good video which shows how much of an idiot this guy is...  I wish Deano the best of luck, but I have a feeling this is going to be more difficult than any other job he's had before in his career.  

since Tony Xia was removed :P  

19 hours ago, DJBOB said:

He's got his work cut out for him. Charlotte's lineup is one of the more dire ones as they come in the MLS.

At least he can't relegated.

I think unfortunately, as others have alluded to, Dean will be forced to play whatever style will get him points on the board and into the playoffs.

He's got a better pedigree than Charlotte's other managers so maybe he can get a tune out of this side if they can get in a designated player in.

Haven't seen a lot of his other backroom staff coming so it'll definitely be a different adventure for him!

Wish him the best, but I don' rate him at all as a manager. Glad that he was the one to get us up, couldn't have handpicked a better bloke. But I don't especially expect him to do very well over there, could be his last job at any meaningful level.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hornso said:

Went to Vancouver and got a 1-1 in his second game in charge.

A 6,000 mile roundtrip. Wonder what the away following was like?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Would've been interesting if he had ended up as manager of one of the MLS clubs with an actual derby.

As it is - Charlotte's biggest rival is the owner.

Edited by DJBOB

8 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

They have no away sections at the grounds here. So that should tell you enough about travelling support! Having said that, they're all family friendly places so there's no shouting profanity at a dodgy free kick decision. Worst you hear is "ref you suck"! I'm hoping to go to the Charlotte vs Toronto game here. See if I can shout "UTV" as I'll be near the touchline/benches.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

Went to Vancouver and got a 1-1 in his second game in charge.

Do they only play 1 game per month or something?

54 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

They have no away sections at the grounds here. So that should tell you enough about travelling support! Having said that, they're all family friendly places so there's no shouting profanity at a dodgy free kick decision. Worst you hear is "ref you suck"! I'm hoping to go to the Charlotte vs Toronto game here. See if I can shout "UTV" as I'll be near the touchline/benches.

Shit support my lord.

Â