Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Newcastle fans are mad at him for saying this. Lol

"You just look at the January window they've had," the former Villa boss told BBC Sport. "They spent nigh on £100m and they've improved. Eddie's an unbelievable coach - I've said that before - but they're pretty much owned by a country so they're always going to improve."

Screenshot_20220426-174351_Facebook-min.thumb.jpg.d917450760579c58a2aba0a77c83a7e4.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I think he should have waited and I actually think he would have been perfect for Everton. They wouldn’t be in the shit they’re in now had Deano waited and of course they appointed him.

As it is he’s going to have to go back to the Championship whereas he is good enough for the Premier League.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not surprised it's drawing criticism.

There's a group of really angry fans that never wanted Smith and so didn't enjoy 2/3 of the best seasons in 20 years. Pride wouldn't allow them to for some reason.

They're my favourite weirdos.

Funnily enough they nearly all now think Gerrard is brilliant despite minimal to no evidence.

I think some are just in awe of the big names Bruce and Gerrard regardless of managerial talent

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not surprised it's drawing criticism.

There's a group of really angry fans that never wanted Smith and so didn't enjoy 2/3 of the best seasons in 20 years. Pride wouldn't allow them to for some reason.

They're my favourite weirdos.

Funnily enough they nearly all now think Gerrard is brilliant despite minimal to no evidence.

With all due respect mate.

I can't think of any " group of angry fans who never wanted Smith and so didn't enjoy 2/3 of the best seasons in 20 years  " outside of a miniscule number of fans on the likes of VT and Villa Facebook groups.

I also reckon most fans who " never wanted Deano in the first place " never wanted him, for the same reasons some of you claim to not want Gerrard, ironically enough ( Top tier experience, pedigree etc ). However, we all grew to love him, especially as a Villa fan and one of our own.

I'm also certain that 99.99 percent of Villa fans appreciated what Deano did for us and have absolutely no problem with this banner and gesture. Especially since we all spoke about this here, and on other social media outlets and pretty much universally agreed we want to see him get this reception?

On the flip side, it seems the fans who " never wanted Deano gone " are the actual " angrier set of fans ". Just like how you bizarelly used the above post, to flip it into a dig at anyone not wanting to hound Gerrard out after half a season,  because " we don't like him " and he took " Our boys " job 🤦🏿

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't understand why this had to be explained to be honest.

This was talked about and pretty much universally welcomed, as soon as he was sacked.

It probably would have been less awkward were we several places higher and feeling a lot happier as a ‘post Smith’ Aston Villa fan.  

Me- I think it’s great but I still hope we stuff them and everyone is singing Gerrards name at the end. 

• Thanks 2

Â