Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Watford have never come up as champions, and I've seen nothing from them this season to suggest they're bucking that trend next year. 

nobody even knows who the manager will be as cant see Roy going The Championship. Will probably bring in some Spanish guy that won the league in Moldova in 2008

Also think they will cash in on some players

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if everton go down they will bankers to win championship 

Same with watford

Villa saw that winning it is not that straightforward. The Everton team is lacking more than good players (which I think they have).

Smith is a good manager and will no doubt be up there when they get relegated. I hope he does anyway!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Villa saw that winning it is not that straightforward. The Everton team is lacking more than good players (which I think they have).

Smith is a good manager and will no doubt be up there when they get relegated. I hope he does anyway!

Agreed. Hope smith storms the championship next year and brings them back. He is going to be under big pressure though to deliver promotion

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

nobody even knows who the manager will be as cant see Roy going The Championship. Will probably bring in some Spanish guy that won the league in Moldova in 2008

Also think they will cash in on some players

Someone like Shevchenko will get it, managed in Italy and lives in Surrey so commutable. 

• 1 month later...

Norwich have shown loads of spirit in recent weeks, 4 points and really could've beaten Man. United last week with better defending and keeping.

I think they'll get something today v Newcastle and win a game or two before end of season (hopefully not v us). And DS will get a brilliant reception next week.

So all in all they're going down with honour so things to build on for next season to hit the ground running.

They really should have got something, if that lad Dowell could finish fairly simple chances they'd have been 2 up. But in fact he can't, and they can't defend, so we really should be winning next week.

Hope Smith gets a great reception.

If I've worked it out right if Burnley win their next two and Leeds get at least a point this Monday then we could officially relegated Norwich next weekend.

If Leeds fail to get a point this Monday then us beating Norwich wouldn't officially send them down, but they would be as good as down barring a majorly improbable scenario, Leeds would need to lose all their remaining games, and Norwich would have to win all theirs whilst making up a goal difference swing of seventeen goals between themselves and Leeds.

Burnley in theory have two winnable games coming up, but I'd be surprised if they were to win both, and Leeds getting a point at Palace won't be easy, so I don't think we will be the ones to send Norwich down, also of course we'd have to win the game ourselves first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

If I've worked it out right if Burnley win their next two and Leeds get at least a point this Monday then we could officially relegated Norwich next weekend.

If Leeds fail to get a point this Monday then us beating Norwich wouldn't officially send them down, but they would be as good as down barring a majorly improbable scenario, Leeds would need to lose all their remaining games, and Norwich would have to win all theirs whilst making up a goal difference swing of seventeen goals between themselves and Leeds.

Burnley in theory have two winnable games coming up, but I'd be surprised if they were to win both, and Leeds getting a point at Palace won't be easy, so I don't think we will be the ones to send Norwich down, also of course we'd have to win the game ourselves first.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Could've saved yourself a fair bit of time if you'd just said the bit in bold first 😂

People seem to forget that when Smith left Brentford they were just a couple of points off the play off places, and then struggled and dropped down the league when Frank took over. It was only the following season after they spent more than any other team in the championship that they improved and seriously challenged for promotion, Frank had way more to spend than Smith had.

Brentford actually have an awful lot to be thankful for when it comes to Smith, he played a big part in developing the way they play, he helped with the development of some of their players that they eventually sold for big money which they reinvested which then helped with their promotion plus, and it was he that whilst with us gave them big money for some of  those players.

On 24/04/2022 at 19:20, useless said:

People seem to forget that when Smith left Brentford they were just a couple of points off the play off places, and then struggled and dropped down the league when Frank took over. It was only the following season after they spent more than any other team in the championship that they improved and seriously challenged for promotion, Frank had way more to spend than Smith had.

Brentford actually have an awful lot to be thankful for when it comes to Smith, he played a big part in developing the way they play, he helped with the development of some of their players that they eventually sold for big money which they reinvested which then helped with their promotion plus, and it was he that whilst with us gave them big money for some of  those players.

Dean Smith was a great manager for us and Brentford were a good club for him who supported him when we went on far worse losing runs than what got him sacked by Villa.Thomas Frank had a poor start when he took over very similar to what Dean was going through when he joined to assist him and the facts are  we have improved greatly under Thomas.We got to the playoff final finishing 3 rd in his first full season then repeated it the following season after having to sell  Benrahma and Watkins for around 55 mill.he got us promoted to the PL.This season after promotion for the first time in many years we didn’t sell any of our best players and invested 28 million on 3 new players.

Not understating the good work Dean done for our club but like Thomas he has/had a great back up team that’s responsible for recruitment ect I would finish by saying Deans departure coincided with the sad death of our young technical director (28) Robert Rowan that rocked the club and was a big set back.

• Like 3

Â