Dean Smith

Demitri_C

People have been spoilt and think we can just outplay every team, Southampton are a decent side, getting three points from them is a good outcome, and DS did what he had to do to achieve that outcome. We won the game using no subs, who's to say if we'd have made subs we still would have won.

• Like 4

Two games in a row now where we have struggled the last 20min, changes too late. The only difference was we didn’t get punished today.

Smith was going for the second goal to kill off the game, we should have had one, except for poor decision making. Dodged a bullet today, Southampton could have won that game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely didn't think we did. We looked sloppy all game, no different at the end.

The idea nakamba or trez would have made a major difference is dream world. It also would have risked disrupting things too much. Absolutely the right decision. 

We didn't need a major difference!!!!! We needed fresh players. We must all think we have got the Barcelona team of old if we think they can all last 90 minutes every game.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

We didn't need a major difference!!!!! We needed fresh players. We must all think we have got the Barcelona team of old if we think they can all last 90 minutes every game.

Well no, we didn't - we won the game. 

• Like 2

Just now, av1 said:

But they scored zero, and we scored one.

So we won. And you still have a pop at Smith. 

Somenfans are so **** terrible it is unbelievable

I love this team but it was clear as day that they were creating chances for fun. If we were against any other team in the league right now we would have lost.

I'm being realistic if Smith keeps doing this our players will get injured and we will start dropping games from winning positions. 

• Like 1

The constant moaning in the match thread as soon as it hit 60 mins was ridiculous, we were perfectly fine at that point and looking the team more likely to score

But the last 10 or 15, fresh legs definitely would have been good

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

But they scored zero, and we scored one.

So we won. And you still have a pop at Smith. 

Somenfans are so **** terrible it is unbelievable

Only because ings sleeve was offside, they were creating to many chances and we could all see what was coming. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I love this team but it was clear as day that they were creating chances for fun. If we were against any other team in the league right now we would have lost.

I'm being realistic if Smith keeps doing this our players will get injured and we will start dropping games from winning positions. 

We just had 2 weeks off. If anything the players need minutes to get back up to speed.  

• Like 2

Just now, andym said:

The constant moaning in the match thread as soon as it hit 60 mins was ridiculous, we were perfectly fine at that point and looking the team more likely to score

But the last 10 or 15, fresh legs definitely would have been good

No we weren't. You could see the game starting to slip. We stopped attacking. They started attacking more etc. It was obvious we were about to get battered we should have made a change for it. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think I need to give this place a break. **** me, halfway through the season on 30 pts, above Chelsea and arsenal with a game in hand and people can't help but moan about something. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Only McGinn looked shagged, really. 

Trez and AEG can be so ineffective that all that sub does is unbalance the team and make it easier for the opposition. 

At the end of the day, Smith is vindicated by the result. 

Moaning is one thing. 

Recognising that we will need to rely on other players this season is another...and if our first choice play 90 minutes every time they're not injured,  that need is going to arise more quicker than it would otherwise.

Vindicated by this result, maybe... the VAR decisions were factually correct by the current crap letter of the law, but we were lucky not to concede.

Vindicated by where we finish at the end of the season? Absolutely, but we have to get there first. No need to critizise people for calling out a perceived weakness though.

Just now, LondonLax said:

We just had 2 weeks off. If anything the players need minutes to get back up to speed.  

Well let them get back up to speed in training. If we can't do that then we need new fitness staff. It is a disgrace mcginn can barely play 40 minutes whenever he comes back. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well they all did and we won. So.....

Â