Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Depending on the result tonight, you can reliably predict who is going to be most active on VT from around 10pm onwards. Looking into my crystal ball:

”McGinn isn’t good enough. I make no apologies for demanding the best of players who have been in Covid isolation and unable to train. Thanks but not good enough for where we need to be.”

”Smith doesn’t make subs. We needed to bring our world class bench options  Keinan Davis and Marvelous Nakamba on.”

”Time to start Sanson, who I’ve never seen play except on YouTube, where I also scouted world class finisher Ally Samatta.”

”This is all John Terry’s fault, as I have detailed knowledge of what each member of the coaching staff is responsible for.”

Plenty more of this genius to look forward to if Southampton nick a late equaliser.

Great post!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think we are effing magnificent this season. I cannot count the number of games that we have been inferior to the oppostion this season. It is because its only the second half of the leeds game . First half of the southampton game and then finally 30 mins of the Burnley game. Other than that we have been proper at it from first to last. Every single game  this season we have created at least 10 shots . EVERY SINGLE GAME . average of 15 shots per game . 1 every 6 minutes. I cannot remember a time when we were a constant threat to the opposition like we are this season. Every opposition team knows they have had a game when playing us . Well done Deano  

I 100% agree but only wish we could be a bit more clinical 

"We tried to play with quality today, but quality alone is not enough. You have to play with motivation and ambition – I think we forgot all these things at home today.

Ancelloti on Everton loss.

Anyone else feel sometimes we fall victim to the same thing?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else feel sometimes we fall victim to the same thing sometimes?

Every team does, mate. I think we benefit massively from having Villa fans in and around the team, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else feel sometimes we fall victim to the same thing sometimes?

I think it’s less about that and more about experience on controlling and be clinical in games.  We are getting there and I definitely think we have motivation and ambition but I think a bit more growth and experience is needed and that comes with time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s less about that and more about experience on controlling and be clinical in games.  We are getting there and I definitely think we have motivation and ambition but I think a bit more growth and experience is needed and that comes with time.

It helps that by carefully choosing the signings we've made, we manged to bring in people who are naturally motivated and up for the fight - we don't have any real egos in the squad to worry about. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It helps that by carefully choosing the signings we've made, we manged to bring in people who are naturally motivated and up for the fight - we don't have any real egos in the squad to worry about. 

I think that's one of the reasons why some people get frustrated when/if there are any hints of  'Billy big bollox' type attitudes from players.

Speaking for myself anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think that's one of the reasons why some people get frustrated when/if there are any hints of  'Billy big bollox' type attitudes from players.

Speaking for myself anyway.

Yeah I agree, that’s why this summer could be really hard in terms of signing players to take us to the next level because we know players at that level of quality might have those tendencies so it’s a big big job and moment for our scouting and management team.

• Like 2

I don’t care how this match ends, Dean should have made subs already. Trezzie  on for Bertie. Anwar on for Ross. John McGinn in particular has been dead on his feet for at least 10 minutes. The legs are shot.

• Like 3

I don't know why he doesn't make subs... must have had a bad experience in a previous management position?

I'd call that our only lucky win this season, but we were well overdue some luck so credit to Dean and the lads for putting us in a position to benefit from is.

• Like 2

Â