Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was thinking if they score now @villalad21 is going to have a field day on Villatalk 🤣 

Regardless of result that was a pathetic performance from Smith

Needs to learn being pro active and use his squad. Will never achieve top 6 under him if he doesn't learn.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yes. Absolutely because we could see the game was slipping. Sometimes it doesn't work but it is more likely to succeed when making a sub than waiting for mcginn and barkley to not press letting them create chance after chance. 

So you'd rather draw or lose to prove your point than win without making subs? Ok. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Is there anyone on here that can say with 100% confidence what sub would have made a difference and that making a sub wouldn't have completely unbalanced the team? We've got people calling for Sanson to be brought on. He landed 2 days ago.

I thought McGinn was awful but I was still thinking... Sanson - he's had probably 5 hours training with the squad. Nakamba will be murdered by their pressing. In the end I thought, leave it as it is and pray for a win.

Yes we won 4 in 6 with el ghazi at left wing. Evidently the team can play that way. Traore wasn't tracking back for 20 minutes bring trez on. I'd prefer a change in midfield but anything would have been better so we keep the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m undecided on the subs thing. We looked like we were struggling and needed changes. But then many times over the years, especially last year we made changes and still didn’t hold on. At times it made us worse. The game was played at a very fast pace. Players could struggle to get up to pace and that could have cost us too. 

Subs doesn’t automatically mean you take home the 3 points. Many times this season he hasn’t made the changes and we have still won, just like today. Maybe it’s time fans got over it!

When the results don't show up maybe I'll start questioning his methods but he has delivered at every asking. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Regardless of result that was a pathetic performance from Smith

What is pathetic, is your statement. 

What would Bielsa do? 

Just now, Xela said:

So you'd rather draw or lose to prove your point than win without making subs? Ok. 

Sums some people up on here. Madness at the moment. 

We had traore being slagged off before he kicked a ball. Someone wanted barkley sent back to Chelsea and the same people keep focusing on any negative they can find about the manager. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He does never make subs, unless we're behind. He chose not to in our last game and we lost. Swings and roundabouts taking a game in isolation.

And I'm not getting so upset about it, you seem to be getting upset and angry about me questioning whether it will be good for us in the long run, which is a perfectly valid question to ask.

We're 8th in the league and have won more games this season already than we did last season - and you're moaning about subs. It just boggles the mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Because in the long run we would win more than we would lose. And I'd prefer to win 5 games instead of one. 

That is just a guess though. There is no evidence to suggest that would happen?

5 minutes ago, supermon said:

All ifs and buts, what if he made subs and the last few minutes werent so uncomfortable.

It's all hypothetical. The fact is that he stuck with the team as a collective and they got us over the line and the 3 points. 

People are quick enough to bitch when we play well but get 0 points, I think he can have a bit of leeway when we grind it out and get 3.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Based on what? How can you just say things like that? 

Because it is the proven formula for success. Did De Bruyne play the full 90 vs us even when they weren't winning? No he didn't he came of at 0-0 and then they won. 

Â