Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Jt isn't stupid enough to take the job as is now and if the bust up is true it wouldn't surprise me.

Smith spent most the game complaining about non existent fouls and 50 50 decisions today following his complaint on Spurs definite penalty.

The bloke has lost the plot. Was spoiling for a row today. Should look at himself. Embarrassed the club today. Go.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think Smith is a very good manager, and I think he gets nowhere near the criticism he should purely because he's a Villa fan.

Can you quote those people saying “we should keep him because he’s one of our own”?

Thought not.

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm sure he'll sort our defence out. JT should get the boot. WTF does he do besides commute to and from London

He could be the best defensive coach in the world but it means shit when Smith sends the players out without any kind of plan and chopping and changing every week. 

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

If the reports about Smith - Terry bust up are true, imho it suggests that there are much deeper issues than we thought. Maybe Terry has more power/say than it seems or Terry just doesn’t rate Smith. I have never seen Smith as stressed as today. 

Terry was on the ticket from the get go which i found bizzare. It was Henry with Terry. It was Faria with Terry. Didn't matter who got it, he was coming in anyway.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No point changing now. This team are not enough

Disagree, on the odd occasion we’ve played well the players have shown they are at least good enough to be giving the likes of Southampton and Bournemouth a game. It’s the way they are coached that is the problem.

Smith lucked out last season with the players he has at his disposal. Our better players won’t be around next season. 

Edited by jim

First time criticising him, but he needs to go.

There is simply no excuse for how soft and easy to beat we are. Even in championships we were conceding so many shots at goal. Almost every game this season it's been between 20-35 shots conceded.

Every side needs to be well drilled and hard to beat first and foremost. We are neither of those things, absolute shambles defensively throughout the whole team.

The team aren't good enough and too many of the summer midfield signings are weak and cowardly. So not expecting anyone to keep us up or magically make us better, but Smith clearly hasn't a clue in how to set up a well drilled team who are tough to beat

Just now, DCJonah said:

No point changing now. This team are not good enough. 

Go again in the championship. We will be in for a great shout of coming straight back up and we need to do a much better of recruitment next time. 

Respect your view but I think the team is good enough, if it performs best it’s best.

Thats not happening nearly enough.

If I thought the players weren’t good enough I’d stick with the Coach.

I think they are good enough. Look at us against Liverpool, Leicester, and for decent spells in many other games.

That Saints team today weren’t better than us. Neither are half a dozen or more others.

But we keep failing to produce.

Im afraid that has to be on the Coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

If the reports about Smith - Terry bust up are true, imho it suggests that there are much deeper issues than we thought. Maybe Terry has more power/say than it seems or Terry just doesn’t rate Smith. I have never seen Smith as stressed as today. 

Reports are not true - regan says the post was a fake and smith says its bullshit 

Poor today. Really poor. 

I can't make my mind up if it's Smith that's the problem or the players we've signed. I think we're just a bit shit across the ball. I'm not convinced a different manager can get more out of this team in all honesty. 

Â