Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Well, they both need to be sent packing in that case. Cannot have it. 

What with Ming's and Grealish arguing with El-Ghazi - and Reinna defying orders with his late surge - it would seen any leadership has gone.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Literally. Bruce got it in the neck if we weren't passing teams to death and doing cryuff turns out of defence.

Grealish is running this show there is no doubt fans cannot disagree anymore!!!!

He had a bad game today and we were no where!

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Ok maybe JT for rest of season isn't great idea, but would like the board to at least try. You do see many boards of other teams give their manager the boot if similar they got similar results. Just really want us to stay in the league. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I think it is worth a try too. JT is a winner and a leader. He would at least get the boys scrapping.

I think anyone hoping that he gets the sack will be wasting their time, as there's no chance whatsoever that he will be fired whilst we're outside the relegation zone and have a cup final to play in. It's just not going to happen, Purslow was full of praise for him in the week talking to the Villa Trust.

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Ok maybe JT for rest of season isn't great idea, but would like the board to at least try. You do see many boards of other teams give their manager the boot if similar they got similar results. Just really want us to stay in the league. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Have you read the post above ? JT looks more likely to exit than step up.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I think it is worth a try too. JT is a winner and a leader. He would at least get the boys scrapping.

I don't want to test out an unknown manager who's style I've no idea of... The point of having Purslow and Pitarch is that we should have a list of managers in back pocket at all times rather than stumbling from one identity to another at will. 

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Gutted the season ended today. 

There's optimism then there's delusion. Did you watch that shitshow? Have you looked at our fixtures?

It'd take a miracle to keep us up at this point. I just don't see where we get points from anymore.

He isn't getting the sack. I like the guy and he is one of our own but it has been apparent for a while he isn't cut out for this level.

If the owners are serious in their long-term ambitions for us then he is the first change in the summer for me.

If the reports about Smith - Terry bust up are true, imho it suggests that there are much deeper issues than we thought. Maybe Terry has more power/say than it seems or Terry just doesn’t rate Smith. I have never seen Smith as stressed as today. 

Â