Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

If we go down I can’t see us coming back up for years to come, our best players will be off and another re build will be needed and I don’t think smith is the man for that

We've always thought and acted like we had credit in the bank from our history. I mean look at out promotion season. We had the best striker in the league. Got him because of our name and then Grealish and McGinn. Literally it. No identity. A coach who doesn't look like he has any connection or rapport whatsoever to the new players brought in. And the recruitment?? People do their nut in when they see how crap trezeguet is. If a player came to the premier league from fenerbache or galatasaray you'd question it. We signed him from a team in Turkey id never even heard of.

Smith has about 2 games left to save his job imo. Lose both of them and we'll probably be 19th by the end of it(Hell, we could be 19th by the end of this weekend technically).. Unfortunately, Leicester and Chelsea are the next 2 matches but that's kind of on him for leaving us in in this position to begin with.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yup. I also feel very conflicted here. There's no guarantee that sacking him and bringing in someone new will work, especially if it's the players who aren't up to snuff. I don't know if he's the problem, exactly.

Feel the same, but surely we have to change something in the hope that it improves? Or perhaps give a new manager the rest of this season to begin implementing ideas so we kick on from the start of next season, whatever league it is that we're playing in.

Must be heartbreaking for Jack, probably his final season in a Villa shirt, as captain and to go down playing the way we are.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Smith has about 2 games left to save his job imo. Lose both of them and we'll probably be 19th by the end of it(Hell, we could be 19th by the end of this weekend technically).. Unfortunately, Leicester and Chelsea are the next 2 matches but that's kind of on him for leaving us in in this position to begin with.

April will finish us anyway. We won't win against any of them.

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

We've been rebuilding for 10 years, it's crazy. Most of our problems are because of short term planning, with Bruce wanting to loan many players, but that doesn't change the fact that Smith's team make the same mistakes again and again. I'd also question what Terry does as a defensive coach.

I actually think our problem is too much long term planning. We should have brought experience for this season - instead of buying unknowns with one eye on a resale.

Worry about the season in hand - not how good player X will be in a few years.....(not that any of the purchases look worth what we paid - let alone increase value) £11m for Konsa FFS !!!

• Like 2

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Give him the cup final. If that is just as abject as I fear it would be, we need a change. For me, the players aren’t playing for him and that is a big problem. 

Luiz is a good example. He has talent but it's so obvious Smith hasn't improved him as a player. Tactically and positionally he's not too aware. Poor coaching. Clearly.

• Like 1

Ok maybe JT for rest of season isn't great idea, but would like the board to at least try. You do see many boards of other teams give their manager the boot if similar they got similar results. Just really want us to stay in the league. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Â