Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

He isn't getting sacked, don't be so stupid. 

We're going down but I'd stick with him for the Championship. 

yes we can wait for 10 games in the championship when were mid table then sack him!  He is out of his depth why cant people see this ! He has had his chance its not working same week in week out. He cant set up a team in this division. 

I dread the cup final !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He isn't getting sacked, don't be so stupid. 

We're going down but I'd stick with him for the Championship. 

And when we are mid table at Christmas, then what? 

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Why? 

He got us up against all odds to begin with. He's having to learn the hard way in the Premier League but he's a fine Championship manager.

We also wouldn't find a better replacement. 

• Haha 1

Just now, rbcuk said:

If we go down I can’t see us coming back up for years to come, our best players will be off and another re build will be needed and I don’t think smith is the man for that

We've been rebuilding for 10 years, it's crazy. Most of our problems are because of short term planning, with Bruce wanting to loan many players, but that doesn't change the fact that Smith's team make the same mistakes again and again. I'd also question what Terry does as a defensive coach.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All right people, what do we do now? Do we stick with Deano in faith for a miraculous turnaround (Blind faith?), or do we decide that there is too much at stake and bring in someone to attempt to galvanise us for the fight of our lives? I have REALLY, REALLY wanted this to work for Deano trust me, but i'm more of a Villa fan, than a fan of any individual, and watching this right now is breaking my heart! We go down, we obviously lose the heart of our club (Jack) and need to build all over again. I've been staunchly defensive of Deano but I don't know what to do anymore 1f641.png

Yup. I also feel very conflicted here. There's no guarantee that sacking him and bringing in someone new will work, especially if it's the players who aren't up to snuff. I don't know if he's the problem, exactly.

• Like 1

We haven’t improved since the first game. Same mistakes constantly a few decent performances but I can’t see him bringing us back up. 

At the start of the season I said the biggest limiting factor will be Dean Smith. We should have gone for Roger Schmidt or Marcelo Gallardo they with these same players would have us comfortably in mid-table. 

Lovely bloke Dean but not good enough. Had Thomas Frank come with him it might have been better but even then I wouldn’t have taken the risk. Such a shame because this the crowds have been fantastic. Sell out every game. 

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Why? 

Probably because he got us promoted and oversaw that run of games.

I hope he does go, though. As others have said, he doesn't learn from his mistakes and we've been crap for a while now. I was never completely sold on him in the Championship, to be honest.

He got us up, fair enough, but we should have been in and around the automatic places with the resources we had.

I don't think he'll go, but if/when we do go down, I hope we don't stick with him in the Championship. A new approach is needed. We need to be destroying that league and get promoted that way for sustainable success in the Premier League, though obviously Norwich would be the exception that proves the rule for that. 

I hate talking like this, like it's already a foregone conclusion that we're down, but I haven't seen any kind of change or improvement on the way we play. We don't look like we're capable of beating anybody at the moment.

• Like 3

Â