Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Poor today. Really poor. 

I can't make my mind up if it's Smith that's the problem or the players we've signed. I think we're just a bit shit across the ball. I'm not convinced a different manager can get more out of this team in all honesty. 

Bit of both the players bought aren't good enough, we should have gone and moved heaven and earth for two players like Milner and Cahill.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yep - poor recruitment - many of this big signing s won't do great job in the championship imho.

Man management is one of the most important aspects for a coach in modern football. Ancelotti is the master of it.

If the players aren't up for it then Dean fails to motivate them.

13 minutes ago, Dale said:

I don't want to test out an unknown manager who's style I've no idea of... The point of having Purslow and Pitarch is that we should have a list of managers in back pocket at all times rather than stumbling from one identity to another at will. 

I do agree. I have said before that we should only get rid of Smith if we have someone better to come in. Problem is It is unlikely to find someone better at this moment. I just don’t think we can stick with Smith as it’s almost certain relegation. Give the job to JT for the rest of the season and at least try something different. At the moment it is like Groundhog Day.

Just now, terrytini said:

As I say I see your view but don’t share it.

Not that I think we have some wonderful players, but that I don’t see them as any different to players in half a dozen other sides.

We aren’t failing to compete against Southampton or Bournemouth because of their quality. In my view.

I think part of it is complete lack of confidence. And I think the confidence is shot because of how poor we've been most of the season. 

There isn't a single signing in the summer that I can say has been a real success. Even Mings is hard to say that he's been a brilliant signing. 

• Like 1

Worst performance I have seen under him today.

But I'm still behind the guy.

Our position is perilous - but so is, West Ham's, Watford's, Bournemouth's, Brighton's.

McGinn back next league game will make a big difference in the worst position on the pitch for us - both in terms of quality and fight.

Shame it's against Leiciester but I think that performance today is as bad as you'll see from us this season.

It better be.

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I do agree. I have said before that we should only get rid of Smith if we have someone better to come in. Problem is It is unlikely to find someone better at this moment. I just don’t think we can stick with Smith as it’s almost certain relegation. Give the job to JT for the rest of the season and at least try something different. At the moment it is like Groundhog Day.

My point is that I'd expect us to have a list of names to pursue rather than just handing go JT

Just now, villalad21 said:

Man management is one of the most important aspects for a coach in modern football. Ancelotti is the master of it.

If the players aren't up for it then Dean fails to motivate them.

Smith isnt blameless - but Konsa, Nakamba, Trez, Jota, Guilbert, Wesley - will never cut it in the PL - no matter who the manager is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Still a chance to save survival if we got rid of Smith asap and fetched a premier experienced Coach in.

I agree but don’t think purslow will sack him as it would be admitting he was wrong in giving him a new deal 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

We aren’t failing to compete against Southampton or Bournemouth because of their quality. In my view.

That's what we get for throwing an inexperienced bunch together and expect them to go out and survive the toughest league on the planet, not to mention make wins happen.

It really looks as though we belong in the EFL..

Just now, Dale said:

My point is that I'd expect us to have a list of names to pursue rather than just handing go JT

I suspect you will be disappointed. Who else did they have in frame when DS was recruited ?.....Henry ?

Allowed 28 shots today apparently :D 

Blatantly obvious that whatever pro's the 3 at the back in theory could provide they are not offsetting us totally giving up the midfield.

The 5 at the back has to stop so we can get another body in CM.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Smith isnt blameless - but Konsa, Nakamba, Trez, Jota, Guilbert, Wesley - will never cut it in the PL - no matter who the manager is.

I'm sure we said that to some of our players last time we got relegated as well.

Most of them have done ok.

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

I get that Dale but that’s assuming that suitable people are available or attainable right now which seems unlikely.

Â