Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can't complain, even if they turn out to be duds, as it stands it appears he's done a great job. We all seem to believe he's done the right thing, the club's we've bought from are disappointed to lose their players (even if some are OK with the business end of what they've got from the deal) and we have bought players that seem to fit well in the system and pretty much all of them will have resale value. Ideal.

Next bit is up to the players themselves and Team Dean

I disagree, if it turns out we have bought a bunch of duds there will be many complaints.

I'm confident we have gone about things the right way this time though.

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. In the summer of 2015 there was genuine excitement after the transfer window.

Numerous players came in and for the most part we were excited by them.

We were relegated with our lowest points tally ever.

I'm not saying it's going to happen this time around, I think for a change we've got it right this year, but lets see where we are by Christmas before we go patting ourselves on the back.

Well BT's 'script' had us bottom at Christmas soooo....

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. In the summer of 2015 there was genuine excitement after the transfer window.

Numerous players came in and for the most part we were excited by them.

We were relegated with our lowest points tally ever.

I'm not saying it's going to happen this time around, I think for a change we've got it right this year, but lets see where we are by Christmas before we go patting ourselves on the back.

That summer we lost our core in Benteke, Delph and Vlaar. Those 3 add to them Grealish and Cleverley gave us the chance to go to FA cup final and stay up.

We’ve got interesting players with potential but haven’t really get anyone to fill Benteke or Vlaar places.

We didn’t give the likes of Adama (even though he was frustrating) the chance to show whats he’s made of. We didn’t give Veretout time. Gana was doing good. Ayew was ok but we didn’t have a proper striker.

Actually who let us down were the PL experienced players.

• Like 1

While I understand the sentiment to do so,  basing the judgement on how well he's done purely on how everything pans out is wrong imo. The will be multiple reasons and explanations to why some player might do well or not, or how well we do as a team. Some of those reason might be down to things that should've been foreseen, other reasons might be very hard or impossible to predict.   

No matter how we'd approach this window there is a big element of risk involved. With my limited knowledge of players available and their value around the world I cant see how we could have done our business much better tbh. If it all comes crashing down and most of our signings turns out to be shit the management team will get some deserved criticism ofc. But even then it would be hard to argue against that we've had a sensible and  clear strategy and goal behind our business which is more than you can say about the last 10+ years. Even if the execution falls short I'll give them that.  

Edited by trom_borg
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Sherwood then .... Deano now ..... I rest my case my Lord.

Equally, if not even more importantly. 

Paddy Riley then....Suso now. 

There was no proper plan back then and the relationship between ‘player recruitment’ and the coaching staff obviously just wasn’t there. 

The whole situation is different.  

Not all of our signings will be good, there’s bound to be a ‘duffer or two’ that doesn’t work out, but in the main I think this will go down as one of our most successful summers of all time, in terms of player recruitment. 

Edited by wazzap24

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I disagree, if it turns out we have bought a bunch of duds there will be many complaints.

I'm confident we have gone about things the right way this time though.

Yeah I probably worded that badly, more as in on paper it looks like he's done a great job and got in a lot of talented players quickly. The next bit is up to the players and Dean's Team. In hindsight a year from now they may be Duds but as it stands you can't complain at what he's done.

• Like 1

Monterrubio recommended Guilbert, he also watched Luiz at the Toulan tournament. It was Pitarch who asked him to become a scout for us, so I guess he's ultimately responsible in some way.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

The players brought in were, in the main, decent.  Unfortunately there was no thought about how they might fit into a system. The difference is that now we are recruiting players who have the right skills to perform the role they were brought in to do. 

In hindsight - if they'd brought in Remi Garde after Sherwood had kept us up and done similar recruitment without the likes of Richards and Lescott we might've stood a chance. Garde was a big coup when we got him. The squad was so toxic he never stood a chance. 

• Like 1

We should bear in mind that not all of these signings will 'hit'. They never do. But considering the size of the task he had to complete in such a short space of time, he has breezed through it. There doesn't appear to be a random purchase amongst them, every one seems to fit the mould. 

It's rare that clubs in our position don't panic and whack a load of cash down on a Cahill, chasing some level of stability > ability. They have identified what they want from an Aston Villa player and stuck with it, I am impressed no matter what the outcome. 

I think we will be fine, fwiw. Which at this stage is absolutely nothing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They have identified what they want from an Aston Villa player

That we have a model for an Aston Villa player is wonderful and leaps and bounds above 2015’s spree.

As others have said, they won’t all work out but I desperately hope this system, this desire to establish what we’re about, is here to stay: whether we stay up or go back down.

Proper management is refreshing. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We should bear in mind that not all of these signings will 'hit'. They never do. But considering the size of the task he had to complete in such a short space of time, he has breezed through it. There doesn't appear to be a random purchase amongst them, every one seems to fit the mould. 

It's rare that clubs in our position don't panic and whack a load of cash down on a Cahill, chasing some level of stability > ability. They have identified what they want from an Aston Villa player and stuck with it, I am impressed no matter what the outcome. 

I think we will be fine, fwiw. Which at this stage is absolutely nothing. 

The Good thing is that we haven't exactly paid a load of money for them either. If you're signing 22-26 year olds with reasonable stats/records in european leagues for 10-15 million and not paying them crazy wages which makes them hard to shift there is a pretty good chance that you will be able to get a fair chunk , if not most of your money back even if they don't end up working out

Most of our transfer fees are undisclosed so all this talk of how much we've spent is just speculation. Relative to the amount of players that we needed to sign £100m or whatever it is, isn't even a great deal of money, ask most teams with ambitions of being more than just relegation candidates to build a new squad for a similar amount of money and they'd struggle.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

In hindsight - if they'd brought in Remi Garde after Sherwood had kept us up and done similar recruitment without the likes of Richards and Lescott we might've stood a chance. Garde was a big coup when we got him. The squad was so toxic he never stood a chance. 

Was he ? Garde looked doomed to fail from day 1.

• Like 1

Â