Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Although he seems to have a strong reputation, can anyone highlight some players Suso has signed before. Don't really know anything about his previous signings. We're putting a lot of hope in his scouts like Juan Fran and the French fella I've forgot the name of, but is this their first major role? You only have to look at the many many many crap pundits to know being a good player doesn't mean you can spot a player/understand football well.

with regard to Suso Pitarch, I believe he signed players like Forlan and Jose Antonio Reyes for Athletico, Forlan scored 74 in 134 for them)

He may have had a hand in signing Sissoko for 900k (for valencia from Auxerre)

at Athletico Madrid they signed Sergio Aguero (now Man City),  Mista, Maniche, Forlan, Reyes, Motta (ex PSG), godin, Juanfran, Diego Costa (ex Chelsea) under Pitarchs watch, although i cant say whether he signed them or not?

Suso seems to have had his best years at Athletico 2006 - 2011, after that he spent limited amounts of time at various clubs, and doesnt seem to have set the world alight?

Dunno tbh, hard to pin down what he did and didnt do?

for example, i wonder if Wesley was a Pitarch identified signing?, or someone DS knew about?, or both?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Size of the task for this man highlighted in this nifty twitter thing I saw from the excellent Ben Mayhew.

Capture.thumb.PNG.6d998aa9e51ff79256614a97e43167a6.PNG

We're putting a lot of hope in his scouts like Juan Fran and the French fella I've forgot the name of, but is this their first major role?

Villa are their first roles scouting in football.

Edited by Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

with regard to Suso Pitarch, I believe he signed players like Forlan and Jose Antonio Reyes for Athletico, Forlan scored 74 in 134 for them)

He may have had a hand in signing Sissoko for 900k (for valencia from Auxerre)

at Athletico Madrid they signed Sergio Aguero (now Man City),  Mista, Maniche, Forlan, Reyes, Motta (ex PSG), godin, Juanfran, Diego Costa (ex Chelsea) under Pitarchs watch, although i cant say whether he signed them or not?

Suso seems to have had his best years at Athletico 2006 - 2011, after that he spent limited amounts of time at various clubs, and doesnt seem to have set the world alight?

Dunno tbh, hard to pin down what he did and didnt do?

for example, i wonder if Wesley was a Pitarch identified signing?, or someone DS knew about?, or both?

Forlan from Villarreal and Reyes from Arsenal were very much well-known. Not the sort of signings we're apparently making.

Suso's movements are hard to track yes. Wonder where Purslow came across him.

31 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Villa are their first roles scouting in football.

Blimey. Wonder how they've landed those roles? From nowhere to Premier League. Expecting massive things from them with our current standing.

Edited by Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, NPDK said:

When it comes to scouting, it is as much about relationships as it is actually about evaluating talent.

I think a DOF or Chief Exec yes, but not a scout for me.

The players you've listen Juanfran and Monterrubio played with, they might have not been pals at all. Can't assume they'll be exchanging recommendations just because they once shared a dressing room. It's about judging a player.

• Like 1

Like the rest of our whole set up, I hope this is a long game and both management and players stay whatever happens. In the short term. We need a period of stability and laying foundations. Step 1: sign enough players for a match day team. After this I will feel relaxed

On 28/05/2019 at 09:37, GENTLEMAN said:

Anyone else notice him in floods of tears at FT? I can’t be sure

was he screaming....."I've still got a job" ?

7 hours ago, NPDK said:

It seems a bit harsh to say Juanfran came from nowhere to Premier League. I mean Celta Vigo, Levante, Valencia, Ajax and Besiktas aren't horrible places. He was also a part of Spains world cup squad in 2002. He has all the UEFA manager licenses necessary. He's one of Vicente Del Bosque's favorite players (Del Bosque was the reason Juanfran went to Besiktas). 

When it comes to former players turned scouts, I tend to look at the relationships. Juanfran played at Valencia and Ajax which happens to be two of the finest academies in Europe. It's a long time ago, and his spell at Ajax was short, but nonetheless he made relationships. At Ajax he was teammates with Johnny Heitinga (who happens to be Ajax U19 coach now), Maxwell (who is now assistant sporting director at PSG) and Tomas Galasek (an assistant coach for the Czech national team), as well as many others who went on to play throughout Europe. 

Same goes for Monterrubio in France. He spend three seasons with Alexander Frei at Rennes (Frei is now the manager at FC Basel). He came through Nantes youth academy, who, for a long time was considered one of the best in France, and an academy that still produces quite a few good footballers. 

When it comes to scouting, it is as much about relationships as it is actually about evaluating talent. Which is the primary reason I really like Suso as out Sporting Director. He has so many ties throughout Europe. Someone mentioned Suso not "setting the world alight" after Atletico Madrid. I think his legacy at Atletico Madrid is remarkable. He left them in a much better place than when he arrived. I know he didn't appoint Simeone, but he acquired most (if not all) of the backbone of that great Atletico team. He signed Diego Godin, Felipe Luis, Tiago, Paulo Assuncao, Juanfran, Falcao and he went and got Gabi back from Zaragoza. He really did a magnificent job at Atletico Madrid and prepared them to take that step up to battle Barcelona and Real Madrid on somewhat equal terms. 

I thought he retired from Aston Villa?

Â