Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

On 09/07/2019 at 21:14, El-Reacho said:

Smith said that he interviewed Mings before he came in January so the personality aspect is clearly vital even for loan signings  - you could see how much everyone was enjoying playing for the club in the run in last season so it's obviously a big part of Smith's style. Shame we weren't as diligent as this back when we signed all the french guys in 2015 (or indeed the manager at that stage).

Personality is definitely something that often gets overlooked. Played a massive part for us last year and im very happy we are taking 'character' as an essential part of recruitment.

• Like 1

Funny how Suso was getting savaged on here a week ago because we weren't signing any obscure players from European leagues. Now it looks like he'll have been responsible for:

• Wesley
  • Douglas Luiz
  • Bjorn Engels (EDIT: apparently Deano tried to sign him at Brentford)
  • +1 or 2 from African Nations Cup?

I really like the way we seem to be mixing reliable Championship performers who have impressed DS over the last couple of seasons, with a few of these more interesting talents that Suso has identified.

Edited by KentVillan

15 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Funny how Suso was getting savaged on here a week ago because we weren't signing any obscure players from European leagues. Now it looks like he'll have been responsible for:

• Wesley
  • Douglas Luiz
  • Bjorn Engels (EDIT: apparently Deano tried to sign him at Brentford)
  • +1 or 2 from African Nations Cup?

I really like the way we seem to be mixing reliable Championship performers who have impressed DS over the last couple of seasons, with a few of these more interesting talents that Suso has identified.

Why the need for such over the top and frankly incorrect statements? Savaged? Behave nothing remotely close to that happened. All people said was we needed Suso to come up with a few bargains to help the budget stretch to the number of players needed given what had been spent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just the sheer amount of work we've done on the squad is impressive.  There are always going to be some signings that don't pay off but I'm so excited about watching this team play.  Suso has done his job, over to Dean now.  I bet he is like a kid at Christmas with the types of players he now has the chance to coach.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just the sheer amount of work we've done on the squad is impressive.  There are always going to be some signings that don't pay off but I'm so excited about watching this team play.  Suso has done his job, over to Dean now.  I bet he is like a kid at Christmas with the types of players he now has the chance to coach.

Agreed.

To get 80% odd of what we need, considering the pure numbers we needed, all in before our first pre season game is really impressive, the recruitment team deserve a huge pat on the back to be honest.

We literally only need 2-3 more players and that's us pretty much done.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Why the need for such over the top and frankly incorrect statements? Savaged? Behave nothing remotely close to that happened. All people said was we needed Suso to come up with a few bargains to help the budget stretch to the number of players needed given what had been spent.

Even this is ambiguous in the extreme. What constitutes a bargain? How will we know it's a bargain? How do we know what money he has left to play with? 

It feels like creating a situation for him to stage a great escape from, when there's little evidence it exists. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Even this is ambiguous in the extreme. What constitutes a bargain? How will we know it's a bargain? How do we know what money he has left to play with? 

It feels like creating a situation for him to stage a great escape from, when there's little evidence it exists. 

Because logically, with FFP we’ve about £130m to spend without income from player sales.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Because logically, with FFP we’ve about £130m to spend without income from player sales.

We've spent in the region of £65m on 6 players so far. Even adding in Douglas and Engels should they happen leaves us on ~£90m. 

I'm not seeing much restriction. I can't imagine we will bring in more than another 2. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've spent in the region of £65m on 6 players so far. Even adding in Douglas and Engels should they happen leaves us on ~£90m. 

I'm not seeing much restriction. I can't imagine we will bring in more than another 2. 

We’ve spent way more than £65m but you are free to see it however you wish. 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We’ve spent way more than £65m but you are free to see it however you wish. 

I forgot about Konsa to be fair, they move so quickly it's hard to keep track. 

So in the region of £76m as per the above.

Thank you for allowing me agency over my opinions. 

Targett £11.5 mill

Hause 3 mill

Mings £18.9 -£20mill

Konza £12 mill 

Jota £1 mill

El Ghazi £5 - £7 mill

Wesley £22 mill 

I make it approx £76.5 mill so far plus £15 mill for Douglas Luiz & £7 mill for Engels = £97.5 mill spent thus far once confirmed . We have a reported max before sales of £140 mill to spend before FFP or whatever ... £20 mill on Phillips + £20 on Leao ( let me dream ) with a keeper coming from sales of Kalinic , Lansbury & whoever else ... the above calculations do not include agents fees as have no way of knowing what these are so far but realistically we have spent just over £100 million ... 

Edited by thabucks
Can’t add up
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I forgot about Konsa to be fair, they move so quickly it's hard to keep track. 

So in the region of £76m as per the above.

Thank you for allowing me agency over my opinions. 

Jota was £4m so I make it £78m but little difference either way.

Don’t understand the last line.

All I was saying was you are entitled to your view re Suso which was me basically saying I didn’t want to debate it.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Jota was £4m so I make it £78m but little difference either way.

Don’t understand the last line.

All I was saying was you are entitled to your view re Suso which was me basically saying I didn’t want to debate it.

Wasn’t Jota £1 - 2 mill plus Gardener ? 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Wasn’t Jota £1 - 2 mill plus Gardener ? 

It’s not been confirmed but I believe it was more than that and closer to £4m. Hard to know for sure either way though I accept. I do think £4m plus Gardner is more realistic though given what Small Heath paid for him.

• Like 1

I trust NSWE, Purslow and Pitarch to keep a lid on our FFP ceiling whatever that is. They know .... We can only guess.

I haven't been this excited since we won the European Cup, and I'm certainly not going to spoil that excitement by worrying about financial specifics that I haven't got a clue about.

It's a fantastic time to be a Villa fan and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

• Thanks 2

Â