Christian Purslow

villan-scott

We're no different as we were last season, finished and on the beach in mid feb

We just have no impetus as a club, not a clue how we fix it either it's like it's deeply ingrained in us, for all this "owners have ambition" stuff it means nothing when the majority of our players seemingly have zero, we just amble through games 

• Like 1

We need a stronger Director of Football if we are to keep Purslow. He's great at the non-football side of his role. But when he gets involved in football he makes bad decisions because he's too attracted to 'names' whether it's signing Ings or hiring Gerrard. 

Lange needs to be stronger to manage the sporting side of the club and be strong enough to shut Purslow out.

If that can't happen, Purslow should go.

• Like 2

I think his position needs looking at. He doesn’t have a plan for this club, he just wants to showboat with big name signings without any considered thought about any of them. 

I’ve also go no idea what Johan Lange brings to the table. The January signings were all Gerrard’s. Gerrard’s appointment was all Purslow. What is the point of having a director of football if you don’t let him choose the manager and/or the signings? 

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

I think his position needs looking at. He doesn’t have a plan for this club, he just wants to showboat with big name signings without any considered thought about any of them. 

I’ve also go no idea what Johan Lange brings to the table. The January signings were all Gerrard’s. Gerrard’s appointment was all Purslow. What is the point of having a director of football if you don’t let him choose the manager and/or the signings? 

Disagree

You can see where coutinho fits with these 2 10s

I think shape and set up I can see what he wants, getting a performance out of them seems to be another thing altogether 

Harsh to blame him in particular but I think our problems sit in the midfield 3, exactly the same as they have done since the day we were promoted and McGinn sits at the heart of that 3

Gerrard has to at least try and change this midfield 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Edens won't tolerate this shitshow... Purslow will be gone if things don't improve. We've wasted an obscene amount of money.

I don't think we've wasted that much money tbf - the squad's really strong and a decent manager would be getting a tune out of these players. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think we've wasted that much money tbf - the squad's really strong and a decent manager would be getting a tune out of these players. 

I just don't agree with that. We have some midtable level players, and many that we hope and believe could be good but who haven't shown enough at all. Bailey, Buendia, even Ings. Sanson, Traore, Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey etc. are not upper echelon PL players. They are players that gets you mid-table.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

This appointment is all on Purslow.

He's a smart guy though and wouldn't shock me if he felt right time in summer to bow out and let someone else deal with the mess next season. Just hope we don't appoint a Faulkner type.

Wasn't there rumours that he was leaving at the end of this season anyway ?

Â