Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Just watched his interview - thought it was very good and, perhaps more importantly, very reassuring.

He doesn’t speak with sentiment, which I like. There is absolutely a focus on driving sustainable success through the academy - and the mentions made implied this is true in the women’s team and also with our “abroad operations” as well. It’s a massive focus on bringing in young talent and nurturing those players to fit with “our model”. As a business model too, this makes complete sense.

The transport part is very valid too. I don’t go to Villa Park often at all, but the last time I went involved waiting for a train for about 45 mins to an hour in the pouring rain. It was miserable as **** :D 

• Like 2

The only thing that disappoints me is that there will be an emphasis on hospitality within the rebuild.

It is probably one for The Games Gone; and I understand that hospitality is a huge money spinner in modern football; but I would imagine that a large portion of the 20,000 on the waiting list are looking for standard seating in the stadium. Football for the working class and all that...

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He did say 29,000 season tickets this season - I thought it was 30,000? 

I think the club deliberately allowed it to slightly reduce this year in order to maintain a healthy number of tickets available for members and so on - I think we have around 7,500 tickets available to non-season ticket holders now on a match-by-match basis and that's a figure that's important to maintain. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the club deliberately allowed it to slightly reduce this year in order to maintain a healthy number of tickets available for members and so on

And make more money! Selling individual seats is a bigger earner than season ticket price per seat - when the games are all sell outs, it's quite a big difference.

Well every other media piece I have read has said 30,000 season tickets so would be interested what is actually correct.

If we do redevelop the ground there will be a couple of seasons in which match day tickets will be probably only be about a couple of thousand  as we would have a reduced capacity for a bit.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Purslow's voice is like a quality coffee or a fine rum....I can't decide which?

However all rather exciting isn't it; very interesting the part about investing in other countries.

Definitely overpriced gin and fever tree.

Edited by a m ole
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not just so much in the seats, but in the experience - fans that only get to go a couple of times a season spend more money on other things, they're more likely to buy a program, more likely to visit the club shop and more likely to go on to spend more on the club. That ten year old going to his first game with his dad in the Upper Trinity against Watford because it didn't sell out is the future of the football club - he wants a home shirt, he wants to come again, he wants to become a member, he wants a season ticket one day. We were all him once and the club needs more of him.

Think I'm at the point of needing to set up notifications for every time you post.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the club deliberately allowed it to slightly reduce this year in order to maintain a healthy number of tickets available for members and so on - I think we have around 7,500 tickets available to non-season ticket holders now on a match-by-match basis and that's a figure that's important to maintain. 

Commercially speaking you want as many "day trip" fans as possible. 

Fans who go 1,2 times a year spend more per game, buy merch, food drink etc.

Many Season ticket holders (me included) barely spend anything each game. 

• Like 1

My disappointment is how University experts seem to treat CP as an easy target.

The improvements that the hierarchy want to introduce, cost money, rakes of money.

CP has already endorsed the need to help the Pyramid and as far as I can see, he is all for it, but has some reservations.

So why do these University Bods, try to turn it in to a political argument?

left to them, we would still be painting the stands in the summer.

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

My disappointment is how University experts seem to treat CP as an easy target.

The improvements that the hierarchy want to introduce, cost money, rakes of money.

CP has already endorsed the need to help the Pyramid and as far as I can see, he is all for it, but has some reservations.

So why do these University Bods, try to turn it in to a political argument?

left to them, we would still be painting the stands in the summer.

I've not seen ANY comments from Paxman on this yet? 

Â