Christian Purslow

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think you sack purslow if this gerrard move fails. You dont sack ceos for that reason as not every appointment goes right like signings.

Smith was a gojd appointment we can all agree on that.

Gerrard jury still out on him. 

But if this one goes tits up then you dont sack your ceo. That is pretty ridiculous and stupid.

If lets say the next 2 or 3 managers all fail after gerrard then maybe that discussion can be made

The way Purslow could get sacked imo is if he hangs on to a failing manager for too long and lets him spend stupidly.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The way Purslow could get sacked imo is if he hangs on to a failing manager for too long and lets him spend stupidly.

It looks like Purslow might do the first part - but the stupid spending he might hold back on.

I do think we are seeing the first signs of Purslow & co doubting Gerrard.

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

It looks like Purslow might do the first part - but the stupid spending he might hold back on.

I think you’re seeing what you want to. What signs?

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think you’re seeing what you want to. What signs?

Well there was talk of a £200m war chest. And Stevie G grinning when saying discussions about changes on the playing side had been discussed.

Your quite correct I could be reading to much into it.

But it always seemed a big risk to just throw money blindly at Stevie G. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well there was talk of a £200m war chest. And Stevie G grinning when saying discussions about changes on the playing side had been discussed.

Your quite correct I could be reading to much into it.

But it always seemed a big risk to just throw money blindly at Stevie G. 

Using a huge war chest becomes more difficult if Villa keep losing and sliding down the table. The targets become even more reluctant, and we may have to get cheaper players because of that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think you sack purslow if this gerrard move fails. You dont sack ceos for that reason as not every appointment goes right like signings.

But if this one goes tits up then you dont sack your ceo. That is pretty ridiculous and stupid.

If lets say the next 2 or 3 managers all fail after gerrard then maybe that discussion can be made

No but CEOs that bring in there best friends instead of an actual manager who are not qualified for the job have to be sacked 

I suppose we should be happy Neil Lennon wasn't his best friend 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No but CEOs that bring in there best friends instead of an actual manager who are not qualified for the job have to be sacked 

I suppose we should be happy Neil Lennon wasn't his best friend 

I genuinely do not believe that was only reason. I think thwy looked at him as a hige name in the game that could attract some real quality to the club.

So far its not been great we can all see that

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I genuinely do not believe that was only reason. I think thwy looked at him as a hige name in the game that could attract some real quality to the club.

So far its not been great we can all see that

If was true thats just as bad, maybe we could have given Pele the job or David Beckham

No way Gerrard gets the job if Purslow wasn't in love with him

3 hours ago, hippo said:

What signs are these? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree, even the 'big' clubs like Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have got it wrong when it comes to appointing managers.  I can't think of anything Purslow has done particularly badly at the club yet but is human and will get something wrong.  Appointing Gerrard worries me and looks like being his first major error imo but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it works out next season.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I agree, even the 'big' clubs like Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have got it wrong when it comes to appointing managers.  I can't think of anything Purslow has done particularly badly at the club yet but is human and will get something wrong.  Appointing Gerrard worries me and looks like being his first major error imo but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it works out next season.

Yeah thats kind of where i am at sharky. Do we really want more turmoil at the club behind the scenes? We need strong and steady leadership not sacking people for a few bad managerial decisions 

• Like 2

The truth with Purslow is him or Gerrard has to go for the good of Aston VillaT. he buddy buddy situation is not how businesses are run 

Does Purslow have the balls to actually sack or question Gerrard mistakes. I dont think so

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

The truth with Purslow is him or Gerrard has to go for the good of Aston VillaT. he buddy buddy situation is not how businesses are run 

Does Purslow have the balls to actually sack or question Gerrard mistakes. I dont think so

We don't know that.  Worth reminding ourselves that as well as a CEO, we also have an executive Chairman.

step back from the purely pitchside of the club

he's about to oversee the development of the new stadium and will no doubt be opening talks with various new partners, the purse that this guy has his hands on is huge, we've spent and are still spending a shit load of money and this guy is making sure we fall foul of no one

and thats before you then look at the soundbites that he's giving on talksport and stuff with regards to the PL meetings and decision making, he sounds like he's trying to bully his way in to villa being what we all want villa to be in those meetings and not just the team sat in 12th, who do you think has more of his own say purslow or the guy from crystal palace?

same as always we lose football matches and it must mean that the tea lady is shit at making cuppas and should be sacked 

the infrastructure behind the playing staff looks as sound as ever to me - which really give the playing staff nowhere to hide - purslow is going nowhere so get behind him

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

He doesn't appear willing to give starts to our youth prospects.

The last 2 points are a change in direction since Purslow and NSWE arrived.

that has to be a change in direction since we interviewed him

i struggle to believe that when we spoke to gerrard about his vision for the team he said i want to replace 8 of the starting 11 with experienced pros and not play the kids 

also add to that id have to guess that us voting for the 5 subs is on the belief that we will integrate the kids and it gives us a better opportunity to do so

• Like 4

Â