Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Tammy knows us and plays well in our system. Other signings might not settle in so well. 

I think it's up to Chelsea. They might want him just for cover for next season because of the ban, but I suspect that they don't see a long term future for him at their club. He can't really burn his bridges with them at the moment, but I think if we make a decent bid they might leave it with Tammy to decide. If that happens, I think he will know that his time is up there and he will go to where he is really wanted to play for fans that really appreciate him. 🤞   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

No one in a Villa shirt has done that in over 40 years. 

Not many of those Villa Strikers play in the 2nd tier

Benteke, Carew and even Agbonlahor in their prime would rip this league apart

Edited by villalad21

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Kodija just about cuts the mustard in the Championship, I've never been fully convinced by him tbh and he's absolutely nowhere near the level we need for the PL. I'm sure Smith wont be planning to but if we go into the PL with Jimmy as Tammy's replacement we may as well start the relegation thread now.

I'd love us to keep Tammy but he is unproven in the Prem and by the sounds of it doesn't want to stay here and is (rather optimistically) aiming for a top 6 club. A 20 goal a season championship striker is a different thing to a 20 goal a season PL striker. I'm not convinced Abraham will cut it against the PL's better defences if I'm honest. That's not just sour grapes over him not wanting to stay with us, it's just how I view him. 

I think we need to be looking elsewhere now. Tammy wont be here and Jimmy isn't good enough.

Thanks Tammy for your effort in helping getting us promoted. For that alone you'll always be fondly remembered by me and good luck!

I agree on Tammy and there being a doubt over value for money beyond a certain point, but I think technically Kodjia is good enough, certainly as a back up.  There will always be question marks over his desire, though I think a large part of that is because of his style, and physically he's lost a bit due to his injuries, but to replace him with someone better yet willing to play back up is both difficult and expensive.  There's only so much upheaval we can get away with. 

Would take him in a heartbeat for anywhere up to 25 million, he's a young english striker, proven himself over two seasons and is only going to improve. Writing him off after one season in the PL with Swansea is like writing off Veretout, Gueye and Amavi in our similar season.

If Kienan Davis had scored 26 goals this season do you honestly think we would now be talking about replacing him with Maupay or Gayle?

53 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Would take him in a heartbeat for anywhere up to 25 million, he's a young english striker, proven himself over two seasons and is only going to improve. Writing him off after one season in the PL with Swansea is like writing off Veretout, Gueye and Amavi in our similar season.

If Kienan Davis had scored 26 goals this season do you honestly think we would now be talking about replacing him with Maupay or Gayle?

It's not so much that for me. It's more what type of striker he is and i think he is suited much better for the Championship. He is pretty much a box striker. How many goals does he actually score from outside the box?

More is expected from a striker these days to make it in the Prem.

Edited by villalad21

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He's actually deluded if he thinks he can make it at Chelsea.

He would have been better than Higuain for them this year. 

8 hours ago, brummybloke said:

18 million with addons for scoring x amount and us staying up and I would be very happy.

Hes part of this group of players, the loan signings this year we still had at the end are all good enough to stay in our squad.

Sign that contract tammy, you know you want to 

£18m would be laughed at. 

They turned down £25m last year I believe. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He would have been better than Higuain for them this year. 

I'm actually not too sure about that, time will tell though.

My opinion is that he is a championship striker at best.

5 hours ago, John said:

Tammy knows us and plays well in our system. Other signings might not settle in so well. 

I think it's up to Chelsea. They might want him just for cover for next season because of the ban, but I suspect that they don't see a long term future for him at their club. He can't really burn his bridges with them at the moment, but I think if we make a decent bid they might leave it with Tammy to decide. If that happens, I think he will know that his time is up there and he will go to where he is really wanted to play for fans that really appreciate him. 🤞   

like you John....I think his interaction with the other boys is key for bonding and team spirit.....something not to be underestimated.

Its not as if 26 goals is not a serious return in any league.

I would like him to sign, but i think we need another striker, who can punch their weight too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm actually not too sure about that, time will tell though.

My opinion is that he is a championship striker at best.

He's 21, capped for England, and just scored 26 goals in the Championship.

He's Premier League all over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

It's not so much that for me. It's more what type of striker he is and i think he is suited much better for the Championship. He is pretty much a box striker. How many goals does he actually score from outside the box?

More is expected from a striker these days to make it in the Prem.

I think the elite strikers in the PL are distorting your view. Those strikers are of the calibre that only a handful of teams can afford. 

Take a look at a video of Raul Jimenez’s goals - the majority are inside the box. Watch this and be honest: how many of these goals do you think Tammy couldn’t have scored? 

https://youtu.be/2tdUX34WUmY

• Like 1

Bloody good player. A Complete forward.

His agent probably thinks he can do better than Villa and he maybe right.

If he came to us he should be our most expensive signing this summer no problem, but we shouldnt break the bank on him.

We just won financial stability and the ability to genuinely compete with similar sized clubs again, for a guaranteed three years at least.

Lets not throw it away on any single player.

My issue with Tammy is that I just don't think he's clinical enough for the Premier League. We're not going to be creating 10 chances every game where 4 or 5 may land to Tammy. I'm not sure he's ready for the step up yet  

Was saying the same when he was linked to Wolves in Jan. 

Not saying he can't make it, just not sure he's there yet.

Edited by PieFacE

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not many of those Villa Strikers play in the 2nd tier

Benteke, Carew and even Agbonlahor in their prime would rip this league apart

Did Agbonlahor have a prime?????, he's not fit to shine bentekes or carews boots.....

One very important positive to signing Tammy is that he's already settled here and knows the system, bought into it and more importantly, performed in it. There's no guarantee a new signing will settle in just as well if at all. This is almost priceless. It's not like we're talking about Keinan Davis (who I like), we're talking about a guy who scored 26 goals for us. 25m for a young English striker with ~50 senior goals to his name already is chump change. I'd rather pay it than gamble on someone cheaper.

• Like 2

Strikers are worth their weight in gold.

Im not sure who those that wouldn’t buy him would get instead ? And then all the other unknowns that go with it ?

For me it’s Tammy all day long. Happy if he’s £30m.

• Like 1

Â