Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We're talking about a 21-year-old kid here who has just scored 26 goals in 40 matches.

At Bristol City, as a teenager, he scored 23 in 41 matches.

Yes, his record last season in the Prem was poor but he was playing for a shit team and was still only 19/20 years old.

If he'd come through our youth ranks we'd be heralding him as potentially our best homegrown striker ever.

You make a point here, and I'd also argue he seems like a good dressing room influence. BUT do you reckon he's worth £ 25 - 30 million. That's the question.

55 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You make a point here, and I'd also argue he seems like a good dressing room influence. BUT do you reckon he's worth £ 25 - 30 million. That's the question.

If Grealish is actually worth the reported 60 million, 25-30 for Tammy is a great deal.

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If Grealish is actually worth the reported 60 million, 25-30 for Tammy is a great deal.

Not if he can't hack it in the Premier League, or we can find a different striker for half the price that can. 

I think the only thing that will sway me in terms of signing Tammy, is if he publicly went out and stated he wanted to stay here. Mostly cause my heart sometimes outmuscles my wit. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

On 05/11/2018 at 01:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good on Grabban but I bet Abraham still scores more goals in the league this season than Grabban does. ;)

On 05/11/2018 at 06:47, Don_Simon said:

I'll take that bet. Five pounds to VT for the loser?

I trust you have donated to VT?  ;)

It’s a big risk. If we sign him for anywhere north of €20+ million, and we get relegated, we are easily losing half of that money in the future. We would need Tammy to become a good premier league striker to have any chance at making a profit down the line. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he is anything more than a 10 goal striker in the Premier League, and i don't think 10 goal strikers are worth 20 mill

Dominic Solanke says 👋

Tailed off towards the end of the season - thats made me unsure.  My guess is that he thinks he can get a game at Chelsea. The impression I am getting is we won't wait around until the end of August for him to see how its looking at Chelsea.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2019 at 22:58, DCJonah said:

What a great season, imagine if he'd left in january. 

I do feel the chelsea embargo might do us a favour. He will cost loads and i'm not so sure he will score bucket loads in the prem

Pretty much sums it up for me.

I love the guy, I think he's done brilliant this season and we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for him and his goals.

But...

I'm not sure he'd make the step up to the premier league as successfully as others. I think for what he'd cost from Chelsea he may not be worth it.

• Like 3

He fits the model Purslow and Dean were referring to, to a tee. 21 years old, great character, desire to improve and most importantly knows where the back of the net is. 25m is yesteryear's 10m. It's a no brainer for me if possible.

I'm not totally convinced by him and think the Prem is too big a jump for him  ....  for £25m I'd rather sign , Mitrović  , who would probably suit our style of lots of goals from crosses

but if we have the riches and can sign both and Tammy wants to come and be part of our squad and improve as a player , then might as well have him

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe a loan with the option to buy might suit both clubs...

Yep, said before if this was an option then we should go for it.

Happy that the club is against loans, but I’d make an exception in this case. I’d rather see us pay £35m-40m on a Tammy following a good loan spell (say 15 goals or so) than pay £25m and have doubts.

I'm put off by his obsession with selfies and his too cool for school dance moves. On the footballing side, if he got a little bulkier he'd be lethal in the prem, I can see him developing into a great prem player - but it's down to psyche - not talent, and Dean Smith can definitely shape him. 

Mitrovic - NOPE

Abraham - Maybe but not convinced for 25m

Agbonlahor - if Heiniken was a footballer, he would be dishwater :)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

Â