Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

He's done a great job, he's off, thanks, goodbye, good luck.  He and we have benefitted from the loan, but it's over.  We all have to move on.

Yeah can't help but feel for the money being mentioned we can do better.

He is also a Chelsea boy, and ironically seeing Jack live out his dream for his boyhood club might have actually inspired him to want to try and do the same.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is also a Chelsea boy, and ironically seeing Jack live out his dream for his boyhood club might have actually inspired him to want to try and do the same.

Depends if Chelsea see him as a first team player. If not then there is no point him staying there. 

Would honestly let him go back to Chelsea, would be an amazing second striker to have but Tammy would never want to settle for that. I think for an extra ten to fifteen million on the twenty five mill asking price we could do better.

I still think for the price we could get Tammy for, we could bring 2-3 players up from the championship who have scored a few less, near, or more than Tammy.

I know the heart he has shown for us, some games however Tammy as really struggled to get in the game at all, if that's the case at championship level then what's he going to be like at premier level, we can't risk it.

I'm sure we have a few strikers in mind, we need to secure a whole bunch of them because the ones we have simply wont cut it.

I'm against Tammy becoming permanent and its not because I don't like him, I love him to bits, heck I use him on fifa enough, I just don't think he will score the same amount next season, sorry.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

We're talking about a 21-year-old kid here who has just scored 26 goals in 40 matches.

At Bristol City, as a teenager, he scored 23 in 41 matches.

Yes, his record last season in the Prem was poor but he was playing for a shit team and was still only 19/20 years old.

If he'd come through our youth ranks we'd be heralding him as potentially our best homegrown striker ever.

Exactly. Name another striker who has similar figures at his age. Underrated and underrespected imo

• Like 1

It's hard to believe sometimes how young he is. He's not the finished article but he has all the attributes and his record shows it. 

I think he's enjoyed his time here but it's clear he came here to do a job, not to earn a move, so you have to suspect he'll be looking to go back to Chelsea and see what he can do there. Perhaps Chelsea will want to see him have another year of game time, in which case I guess we're in with a shout.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

My Chelsea mate messaged me congratulations and looking forward to having him back. Controversial but I'm not convinced he's PL quality

Yeah, agreed. Now we're going up and he's leaving we can call it as it is.

He's just a shit Carlton Cole.

Going on earlier in the season Wolves will be offering very large wages which I would not want us to match, I think it would be an error and bad for his development - I think fate is going to take him elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Old man Adomah was doing far more pressing off the ball. Really thought was average final from Tammy which could've cost us in the end

TBH I was getting annoyed with him today for that very reason. The number of times he was close to a defender as they were looking to feed out and he just wandered around without harrying them was getting me irate. And towards the end when he received a short free kick just in their half but was so sloppy and casual one of their guys nipped in and took it away resulting in a dangerous attack had me spitting curses at him.

Defending can begin from the front except when you've got someone like him playing the way he did today. There were times when I thought he'd get the hook and we'd find out he'd been injured, that's how torpid he was at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Going on earlier in the season Wolves will be offering very large wages which I would not want us to match, I think it would be an error and bad for his development - I think fate is going to take him elsewhere. 

I wouldn't want us to match them for the sake of it. He'll come here on loan over Wolves on loan definitely. He's got loads of mates here, is the main striker and knows exactly how we play.

Clearly wants to give it a bash at Chelsea and unluckily for us their transfer ban means he'll get a go as well.

• Like 1

"Tammy Abraham has refused to rule out playing for Aston Vila in the Premier League next season."

Its good that we seem to be the only club who he hasn't refused in ruling out a future, he seems to want to be with Chelsea and he will most likely have a big choice to make. Cant see him going to wolves, can't see him going to Newcastle or many other clubs who want his services.

Wonder if Chelsea decide not to sell that they would extend his loan which could give us time to bring someone else in who could replace Tammy down the line, I'd be happy with that move.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tammy-abraham-aston-villa-future-16339094

I think my only question mark against Deano for the playoffs was playing tammy so much when he hadn't looked fit enough. Even yesterday I thought Kodjia's presence would have made derby work harder. 

• Like 2

Â