Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Do you think that he is capable of scoring 10 goals in the premier league?

If we create enough chances, absolutely yes.

I also think is the kind of signing we need to make to maintain the team spirit of last season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think so

I guess it depends on how many chances we create. I think Smith will play the same way and as such we should create enough. 

His spell at Swansea was a tough introduction to the premier league but he was in a poor team and only started 15 league games (off the bench in 12 more) and scored 5.

Sometimes it takes time to get used to the league. Vardy only scored 5 in his first premier league campaign. 24 the next. Harry Kane wasn't red-hot from the off.

I think he has all the attributes to do well and he is well worth the risk 

Exactly this mate. It’s doing a disservice to the team and Tammy to think he’d struggle to score ten goals in the PL. 

• Like 1

I don't think his goals to minutes ratio for Swansea was actually that bad something like a goal every four games, and that was as a teenager playing his first season in the premier league, for a club that struggled to create chances. I think he'd get around fifteen goals, and £25m is a pretty good price for someone of his potential, if you want proven players then you have to pay a lot more.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Tammy's been all over the place in his career, he feels like Chelsea is his home but knows that Chelsea have a trillion young players always out on loan. No wonder he nearly went to Wolves in Jan, he's not grounded. Honestly think if we can get him permanently that we will make him feel welcome and he'll give everything for our cause. 

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Do you think that he is capable of scoring 10 goals in the premier league?

Yes.

But I would also like us to look for a loan as well, or maybe see if we can do a deal Kodjia and 10m for Maupay...

• Like 1

He’s not the finished article and at times his finishing has been erratic. However if he was the finished article he would be out of our reach and Chelsea wouldn’t even have loaned him to us in the first place. He seems to have the right attitude and can develop here where he is wanted and is part of a successful team. £25 million for a striker in the PL, particularly a player we have first hand knowledge of isn’t crazy money. After all we blew £24 million on Hogan and  McCormack combined fees. If Smith and co think he’s worth it then that’s fine by me. All will be revealed in the following weeks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Tammy's been all over the place in his career, he feels like Chelsea is his home but knows that Chelsea have a trillion young players always out on loan. No wonder he nearly went to Wolves in Jan, he's not grounded. Honestly think if we can get him permanently that we will make him feel welcome and he'll give everything for our cause. 

I feel at the moment Tammy is struggling to make that choice where he wants his real home to be. He knows he wants to make it at Chelsea it's all he ever wanted, then we came along and I think now it's a split decision. We as Fans have shown Tammy more love in a season than the Chelsea fans ever shown him. Chelsea fans only wanted him back in the team when he starts scoring loads which in a way is understandable, but all those seasons he's been rotting there, where were they as Fans, he would be number one for some time at Villa.

A loan deal again is a no brainer at the moment for me if that's the only option,, yet I'd say to Chelsea this time we want option to buy, then the deal is absoloute terrific.

Chelsea ain't stupid here, if he starts scoring tons, they will rip him from us in an instant as soon as they can, especially if there scorers stop scoring. 

Basically were setting up a striker for Chelsea here, Villa coaches would off done the tough work with Tammy, Villa would of moulded him yet we won't be able to keep him and that annoys the hell out of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I feel at the moment Tammy is struggling to make that choice where he wants his real home to be. He knows he wants to make it at Chelsea it's all he ever wanted, then we came along and I think now it's a split decision. We as Fans have shown Tammy more love in a season than the Chelsea fans ever shown him. Chelsea fans only wanted him back in the team when he starts scoring loads which in a way is understandable, but all those seasons he's been rotting there, where were they as Fans, he would be number one for some time at Villa.

A loan deal again is a no brainer at the moment for me if that's the only option,, yet I'd say to Chelsea this time we want option to buy, then the deal is absoloute terrific.

Chelsea ain't stupid here, if he starts scoring tons, they will rip him from us in an instant as soon as they can, especially if there scorers stop scoring. 

Basically were setting up a striker for Chelsea here, Villa coaches would off done the tough work with Tammy, Villa would of moulded him yet we won't be able to keep him and that annoys the hell out of me.

Judging from what Purslow was saying it's very unlikely we will agree deals like this again as it does not benefit our club. Making other sides players better and  they either up the asking price or don't sell at all. 

I'm pretty confident that if we were to sign Tammy it will be a permanent deal not a loan. I think as long as we get a load of the old boys like Mings El ghazi and hause Tammy would come here ahead of Newcastle if he was. Are available for transfer. 

Let's just hope lampard isn't appointed or Tammy won't be going anywhere. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

With Sarri leaving it could affect the possibility of this happening. 

I can’t see them letting anyone go without the manager situation sorted. I suspect we will wait on Tammy but only for so long.

• Like 1

Â