Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd say it wouldn't be good enough. 

We can afford signing one championship striker and that should be Tammy. Considering we need a second striker I think that should be someone proven at a different level, but that's me. 

I think £ 25 million is wayyy too much for Tammy, but I guess the prices has inflated a bit since I last looked around. I'd be more comfortable around £ 15 million, but it's not my money. 

It’s just the way the market is now.

How much was James Maddison - about £24m? I don’t believe he had played in the premier league before he joined Leicester.

Mitrovic had scored 10 premier league goals before his £20m+ transfer to Fulham. His record in the championship pales in comparison to Tammy’s. 

My only reservation with the deal is the thought that there’s a bargain from the continent to be had for a third of the cost, a new Benteke or someone. But they are rare.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s just the way the market is now.

How much was James Maddison - about £24m? I don’t believe he had played in the premier league before he joined Leicester.

Mitrovic had scored 10 premier league goals before his £20m+ transfer to Fulham. His record in the championship pales in comparison to Tammy’s. 

My only reservation with the deal is the thought that there’s a bargain from the continent to be had for a third of the cost, a new Benteke or someone. But they are rare.

It’s exactly that though, a thought, a figment of the imagination. The mythical 20 goal a season hidden gem from the continent could happen. But rarely does. Sometimes you’ve got to be pragmatic. If Tammy is on offer and early enough not to impede our preparations, you’ve got to seize upon it. 

• Like 4

Its tough to find a 20 a goal striker from the continent now that would be classed as a hidden gem. Benteke cost £7m in 2012. That's probably easy £15m-£20m nowadays, the way the market has exploded. 

• Like 4

Hope it's ok to do this, I have looked at Tammy as a potential signing on my new blog.

Fikayo Tomori did a fantastic job in marking Tammy during the play-off final, and Abraham needs to find a way to pull himself into the game when things aren’t going right for him. He will be up against top defenders in the Premier League – and he will need to learn how to adapt, and how to use his undoubted ability to get more out of games where he has been man-marked for long periods.

below ;) 

Edited by avfcDJ

I can see this happening. I don't think he is anywhere the Chelsea 1st 11 and new loan rules mean they will need to trim the squad, so i don't think they will turn down a bid of £25m.

I know they have a transfer embargo but they would have known about this in January when they were prepared to sell him to the dingles. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can see this happening. I don't think he is anywhere the Chelsea 1st 11 and new loan rules mean they will need to trim the squad, so i don't think they will turn down a bid of £25m.

I know they have a transfer embargo but they would have known about this in January when they were prepared to sell him to the dingles. 

Yeah but that was the Dingles. They probably see us as a threat to their top 4 place 😎

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its tough to find a 20 a goal striker from the continent now that would be classed as a hidden gem. Benteke cost £7m in 2012. That's probably easy £15m-£20m nowadays, the way the market has exploded. 

By very definition a hidden gem isnt easy to find.

Most of the time they are not hidden gems but the likes of Bjarnason or Nyland.

It sounds good when you bring up the successes, but in reality its far better to pay the extra for a recognised option!

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah but that was the Dingles. They probably see us as a threat to their top 4 place 😎

After losing Hazard, Sarri leaving and a transfer embargo in place they could also very well see us competition for the relegation places :trollface:

If he's available then we should get him, simple as.

Yes, he's "unproven" and "we'd be taking a risk" - but for mine the bigger risk is getting somebody in who has ability but doesn't fit with the squad.

Tammy is a big part of the squad already. He's part of the "feel good" factor in the first team and undoubtedly enjoyed his time here.

Why look for similar when you know exactly what you will get with Tammy - and know he will improve under DS?

Not sure that tammy is unproven, he played the majority of the season for us when he came and scored 26 goals.

How many players play in the premier league we wouldn't want in the villa squad ? I bet theres absolutely loads of them.

We are a team, tammy was part of that team, he is 21 has played for a season with us and scored 26 goals and bearing in mind we will be improving 60% of the first team I would imagine that would equate to us having to play against better teams.

Can see 15 to 20 goals next season if he signs for us.

18 to 20 mill plus add ons and that's one 1st teamer sorted.

• Like 1

I hope he's available and I would definitely take him if the price is right. He knows the system, gets on well with the other players, links up well with them, he scores goals, fits our profile perfectly.

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

By very definition a hidden gem isnt easy to find.

Most of the time they are not hidden gems but the likes of Bjarnason or Nyland.

It sounds good when you bring up the successes, but in reality its far better to pay the extra for a recognised option!

I agree. That's why I think £25m or so for Abraham is good business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Keep reading about how he did nothing in the playoff final but I just watched the highlights and he:

-Drew the whole defence to him leaving El Ghazi one on one with a full back at the fat post for our opener.

-Was in there with McGinn spooking the keeper for the second.

-Flashed one shot just over the top corner.

-Danced round about four players and put El Ghazi through on goal even while being chopped down but the ref pulled it back for the free kick instead of letting El Ghazi shoot.

I’m not claiming it was one of his best games but his bad games are better than many Villa strikers I’ve seen in the PL.

Agreed. I think he had the better of Tomori on the whole, was a decent foil and held the ball up well. I rewatched the whole game the day after and was surprised how better we seemed to play compared to how it felt live with the tension. We deserved that victory and Tammy led the line well. Would have him back in a heartbeat. 

Even if this move is feasible - I don't see it happening until late in the window - I think Maupay is the other striker we are after - which would be an easier deal to complete and cheaper - question is can we finance both

Â