Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

That post-match interviews makes him sound like he wants to stay... “Teams will always defend deep against us because we are Aston Villa... I don’t want to say it’s my last game at Villa Park... when this place is rocking there is nowhere like it and it’s  been rocking all year.”

I’d go all out to sign him permanently, I’d love it if he came in, he seems happy here. He’s outstanding, there are very few weaknesses to his game which is great considering how young he is, where did you see the post match interview? That’s 26 goals for him this season, he has to be a strong contender for player of the season 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d go all out to sign him permanently, I’d love it if he came in, he seems happy here. He’s outstanding, there are very few weaknesses to his game which is great considering how young he is, where did you see the post match interview? That’s 26 goals for him this season, he has to be a strong contender for player of the season 

I reckon we could tempt him if we go up, but it really depends what happens with Chelsea's transfer ban.

• Like 1

In the post match interview, he said:
"We are Aston Villa"

And that made the hairs on the back of my arms and neck stand on end...

I think we are having the same effect on Tammy as we are on Mings...

Something tells me they like being the top boys here...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I reckon we could tempt him if we go up, but it really depends what happens with Chelsea's transfer ban.

Does that effect them selling players or is it just about them buying/stockpiling players?

Surely if it means they are offsetting debt and balancing the books, there shouldnt be a problem??

15 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Does that effect them selling players or is it just about them buying/stockpiling players?

It affects them buying players, and up front will be a struggle for them next season.

Hazard wants out, and Higuain is on loan. That leaves them with very few options. They've had to give Hudson-Odoi match time this season, which shows what kind of state their forward line is in. If the ban stays in effect, I'd expect Tammy to be on the bench and getting regular minutes next season.

Surely if it means they are offsetting debt and balancing the books, 

The ban was nothing to do with finance, it was to do with their signings of foreign youth players. They don't need to sell, and why would they if they can't buy?

Edited by Davkaus

18 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I think we are having the same effect on Tammy as we are on Mings...

Something tells me they like being the top boys here...

He's here playing in front of the biggest crowd of his career and the best atmosphere most likely.
He will be gutted to go back to to that tinpot stadium.

Same with Mings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Chelsea decide to sell, there will be a lot of clubs after him and we'd have to pay 40/50 mil which I don't think we would. However I cant see Chelsea selling. Best we can hope for is another loan deal.

So this has caused quite a stir on the Internets....

Our fans singing "Black Tammy .... Abraham" to the tune of "Black Betty".

Stan Collymore has been ranting and raging about it all night.

Personally I think it is much ado about nothing but would be interested to know others thoughts.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Roughly speaking, it’s about on a par with that Man Utd chant about Lukaku’s penis from a couple of years ago.

Must've missed that one, and glad I did.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

this has caused quite a stir on the Internets....

Our fans singing "Black Tammy .... Abraham" to the tune of "Black Betty".

Stan Collymore has been ranting and raging about it all night.

Personally I think it is much ado about nothing but would be interested to know others thoughts.

I had a whole big rant in the Hogan thread about perceived racism, so I’m not going to repeat it all in here.

On the face of it I see no REAL problem with this.  I don’t see why we need to treat the word black as something bad. It’s not. 

They’re clearly celebrating him, much like the scouser’s Mo Salah song about him being Muslim.  Context is everything to me.

I understand the argument about why bring race into at all, as @Shropshire Lad has eloquently said above, and I think anyone would find it hard to disagree with that notion. However, I agree with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN, I think it’s much ado about nothing.

There was no real need to reference his race at all, but there’s also no need to make out that calling him a black man is some kind of insult, because it’s really not. 

I suppose the real thing is to try to nip this kind of thing in the bud before it becomes the norm for using race as a reference, and to that point I think Shropshire lad has it spot on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A pointless reference to race rather than something explicitly racist in itself, so still stupid and insensitive, with no place whatsoever in 2019. He's 'Tammy' not 'Black Tammy'.

Exactly my thoughts.

Not malicous, just stupid in this day and age to reference a player's race

• Like 1

I'd rather discuss Tammy then this stupidness tbh. 

He looked sharp and percy is saying we will try sign him come summer should we go up. 25m is the price being reported. 

Definately do the deal if we go up and chelsea are willing to sell. 

Â