Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Hard to see Chelsea letting him go in the summer with their transfer embargo and with Higuain's and Giroud's (1 year extension option) contracts expiring and Hazard probably moving

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

£25m I doubt will seal his signing.

If we do go up though, I would spend "stupid money" on him though. Purely because I have seen him on the pitch, I have seen his desire, his workrate and determination. How he backs himself on penalties and how he has the character required to bounce back from missed chances and keep going.

This is exactly the type of kid we want to build a team with. He is a top class lad.

My thoughts exactly and he is only 21. Tammy loves it here if Chelsea were willing to sell I reckon he would come here 

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The song is stupid and offensive.

Im sure Tammy would rather be celebrated for his ability opposed to his race being the forefront of the song.

He is aware that he’s black.. so what’s the point of the song?

Whats the song? I have not heard the song / chant/ numbers involved in chanting it

1 hour ago, avfc456 said:

One of my mates has messaged me saying there is outrage online against a racist chant for Tammy?  Apparently Collymore is sticking the boot in now, anyone know anything about this?

Look back to page 132 for the video

1 hour ago, avfc456 said:

One of my mates has messaged me saying there is outrage online against a racist chant for Tammy?  Apparently Collymore is sticking the boot in now, anyone know anything about this?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd94a4c6e4e777341

2 hours ago, sne said:

Hard to see Chelsea letting him go in the summer with their transfer embargo and with Higuain's and Giroud's (1 year extension option) contracts expiring and Hazard probably moving

True, but if Tammy hands in a transfer request then none of that matters I guess.

On 11/05/2019 at 23:01, DJ_Villain said:

In the post match interview, he said:
"We are Aston Villa"

And that made the hairs on the back of my arms and neck stand on end...

I think we are having the same effect on Tammy as we are on Mings...

Something tells me they like being the top boys here...

Same, gave me shudders.

47 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Just looked, I don't get what goes proples heads, surely they would of known there would be uproar once it got out 

"If there is an uproar t's PC gone mad and the fault of our oppressive EU overlords that have had the Bri....I mean English people in chains for 700 years."

Edited by praisedmambo

Re: the song, I think it's a tough one because if you hear the original "Whoah Black Betty bamalam", the last two words map so well to "Tammy Abraham". I can see how someone would come up with it without meaning to be offensive.

But I don't think highlighting a player's skin colour in a song is really something we should be doing. These are young lads who sometimes get serious racist abuse because of the colour of their skin, and regardless of what you think about political correctness, we should try to support them and avoid adding to that burden.

That's not to say this is the most offensive song of all time, but wiser just to avoid it no?

• Like 2

The level of debate on Facebook regarding the song is horrifically simplistic in missing the point and wanting to excuse the behaviour, which itself is indicative of why there is a problem in the first place.

Most excusers bang on about there being no intent, which might be a mitigating circumstance, but does not exonerate the perpetrator.

In this modern age, white people shouldn't need reminding (or even having it explained to them for the first time), why identifying anyone primarily by their skin colour can cause offence.

If you do acknowledge that and you mistakenly, or unwittingly sang the song, then recognise your error, apologise and move on.

Do not continue singing the song, even though you now know it's offensive, just because you think it's your human right to express your freedom of speech or you dislike being told what to do.

To carry on defiantly, with full knowledge of the offence, proves you are not only stupid but also a racist.

No excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

I’m sure Higuain’s was an 18 month loan. Reading it now, it was contracted that Chelsea could extend for 19/20 season. Wonder whether that bypasses the embargo. IDK

28 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The level of debate on Facebook regarding the song is horrifically simplistic in missing the point and wanting to excuse the behaviour, which itself is indicative of why there is a problem in the first place.

Most excusers bang on about there being no intent, which might be a mitigating circumstance, but does not exonerate the perpetrator.

In this modern age, white people shouldn't need reminding (or even having it explained to them for the first time), why identifying anyone primarily by their skin colour can cause offence.

If you do acknowledge that and you mistakenly, or unwittingly sang the song, then recognise your error, apologise and move on.

Do not continue singing the song, even though you now know it's offensive, just because you think it's your human right to express your freedom of speech or you dislike being told what to do.

To carry on defiantly, with full knowledge of the offence, proves you are not only stupid but also a racist.

No excuses. 

This should apply to all races, not just whites people. If you disagree with my post then you are stupid and racist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â