Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think at Swansea they rarely created chances and was his 1st season at that level. He wont get as many chances as in this league but I think our style of play wont leave him starving in top flight

He might work out but it's a gamble and £25m is too much of one imo.He won't play for Chelsea that means the highest bidder will get him and I'm pretty sure that won't be us . Prefer a proven striker or a cheaper one for me Grabbon is as good as striker as Tammy and would cost less 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Solanke has set the price now for average English strikers. Tammy has about 50 more career goals and is younger 

Yup, that's why I said fair, as opposed to realistic. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Didn't realise it was that easy tbf. In that case and at that value we should sign at least 7 20 goal a season strikers next season. Why isn't everyone doing this?

(Don't tell Ole)

Love a bargain, me.

You make a good point there.

They were discussing last week that the man city first 11 cost 440m and the man utd first 11 cost 420m.

That's a perfect example of investing well and not investing well.

(Kind of, obviously the money involved is obsene - I just mean in terms of compared achievement and performance for basically the same outlay)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

On 28/04/2019 at 17:55, tinker said:

He might work out but it's a gamble and £25m is too much of one imo.He won't play for Chelsea that means the highest bidder will get him and I'm pretty sure that won't be us . Prefer a proven striker or a cheaper one for me Grabbon is as good as striker as Tammy and would cost less 

More proven than 25 goals?

On 28/04/2019 at 18:55, tinker said:

Tammy has more top flight goals than Grabban who was at clubs in the top flight for about 5 years 

Need Tammy back because kodj and the rest of our strikers cant do what Tammy does, which leaves me thinking without Tammy in the team is that we wont be getting to the premier. 

As for buying him, I don't know some story is wolves would offer upto 170k a week which is absoloute stupidness, I wouldn't want to pay my striker that much especially a striker that's not proven.

• Like 1

It would be great to go up & sign Tammy permanently. Unfortunately I think the money required is going to go stupid, and if that’s the case I’d be quite content to see us turn to Maupay at Brentford. Same sort of age, about same amount of goals...........but probably a more realistic price, both salary and buying fee.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wonder if Smith will play Tammy on the weekend if he's fit? 

The natural inclination would be to wrap him up in cotton wool but then he's missed the last few games so could he do with the match sharpness? 

he's only been out a couple of weeks. He won't have lost that much in the mean time.

On 28/04/2019 at 18:44, MaVilla said:

You make a good point there.

They were discussing last week that the man city first 11 cost 440m and the man utd first 11 cost 420m.

That's a perfect example of investing well and not investing well.

(Kind of, obviously the money involved is obsene - I just mean in terms of compared achievement and performance for basically the same outlay)

Also shows the difference between a manager with a plan and style like Guardiola compared to a chequebook manager like Mourinho.  I think there is a similar difference between Smith and Bruce, obviously at a different end of the scale.  I think we will be fine in either division with our recruitment.

As for Tammy I suspect he will get priced out of moving to us, unless Chelsea are willing to loan him again.

25M for Tammy would be a bargain.

21 years old. Almost 50 Championship goals in 2 seasons. Excellent attitude and drive. Capped for England. It's a no brainer if that really is the price. We've spent 25M on Ross McCormack and Scott Hogan ffs.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Also shows the difference between a manager with a plan and style like Guardiola compared to a chequebook manager like Mourinho.  I think there is a similar difference between Smith and Bruce, obviously at a different end of the scale.  I think we will be fine in either division with our recruitment.

As for Tammy I suspect he will get priced out of moving to us, unless Chelsea are willing to loan him again.

Player power might come into it, likewise with Mings and Bournemouth.

I don't think we can underestimate the power of achievement, if this group of players achieve promotion none of them will not want to be here next season, I look at Mings and Abraham in particular and the way they've bought into us but the same goes for all of the loanees, I think they genuinely all love it here, of course 12 undefeated helps.

Unless Tuanzebe gets guarantees on first team at United I can see him wanting to come too, El Ghazi is apparently not wanted at his parent club (idiots) and I think Hause is pretty much sewn up if we want it.

I think we’ll come to an agreement if we go up.  Chelsea have generally kept their net spend relatively low in recent years and they will be looking to spend in the summer. Plus they’ve already spent 50M on a player from the German League. 

They will need to recoup funds. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â