Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Seriously why do you keep calling him wasteman? Is it some weird nickname for people called Bolasie or Yannick as doesnt sound anything like his name

:crylaugh:

To put it simplyit is because he is a wasteman .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

An in form Bolasie was the best winger at the club. We didn't have an in form Bolasie of late - 

We didn't have an in form Bolaise ever. The very odd flash of talent and that was it. I fail to see how him leaving is anything other than a positive. He won't make the bench at Everton .

At first I thought "Yes, something positive. Send him back and save on wages", then when I read that he opted to go back I was a bit disappointed that we hadn't cut the cord. Is it just media spin by Everton? Regardless it doesn't really matter I guess, definitely worth getting off the books as we weren't getting value for money.

Reading how he got upset that some ppl were saying villa ended the loan rather than him, on top of the fact that he apparently advised the club via email that he was leaving, rather than being a man and telling DS face to face.....

I say good riddance to someone like that regardless of who ended the loan, he wasn't that good anyway and he won't get a sniff at Everton I reckon, good luck to the fool.

He says he wants to revive and break back into an Everton squad, if he can't perform here I doubt that is going to happen for him there.

I dont like how he just up and left without letting us bring in a replacement first but Smith called back Greene so I guess we should of all seen that coming.

To be honest in my eyes I wish him luck, but I'm glad he's gone, he under performed like many of our other failures. I seen flashes of excellence from him, was very good and whipping them in fast and accurate. He didn't cause defenders anywhere near the headaches he should of and felt like we were just paying him money for nothing. Bolasie turn speed was fast but it looked like he could never keep up with himself and often was always trying to do to much and messed up on the ball because he was trying to do that little extra more.

Well that's a wage packet gone with which whoever takes it up I hope it's someone who comes in and has the same work rate, mentality, passion and drive as what Mcginn, grealish and Tammy has.

Imagine if we could find a winger who were capable of doing what the three I mentioned above can do, but on the wing instead. I think we would be seeing more goals and more trouble for the opposition and would have another special player, I feel that is who we need to keep an eye out for.

He showed flashes of the player he was at Palace, which was an overrated one-season wonder who had some amazing dribbling skills at times.  He didn't track back, struggled to make an impact in a lot of our games, and cost 80k/week.  Honestly, Green made more of an impact from the bench against Hull than Bolasie did in most of the games he played for us.  A player getting paid 80k/week in the Championship like him should be dominating the league like he's fookin' Ronaldo.  Sadly, did didn't work out and I'm glad we saved just under 1.7 Million in his wages for the rest of the season.  It should help with FFP a bit.

Edited by KMitch

34 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He says he wants to revive and break back into an Everton squad, if he can't perform here I doubt that is going to happen for him there.

I dont like how he just up and left without letting us bring in a replacement first but Smith called back Greene so I guess we should of all seen that coming.

To be honest in my eyes I wish him luck, but I'm glad he's gone, he under performed like many of our other failures. I seen flashes of excellence from him, was very good and whipping them in fast and accurate. He didn't cause defenders anywhere near the headaches he should of and felt like we were just paying him money for nothing. Bolasie turn speed was fast but it looked like he could never keep up with himself and often was always trying to do to much and messed up on the ball because he was trying to do that little extra more.

Well that's a wage packet gone with which whoever takes it up I hope it's someone who comes in and has the same work rate, mentality, passion and drive as what Mcginn, grealish and Tammy has.

Imagine if we could find a winger who were capable of doing what the three I mentioned above can do, but on the wing instead. I think we would be seeing more goals and more trouble for the opposition and would have another special player, I feel that is who we need to keep an eye out for.

Honestly, Green could be that guy.  I don't want to hype him up, but he has looked solid enough in his appearances for us to warrant more time to develop.  At the very least, he looks like he'll develop into a Championship quality winger.  If he works hard and continues to learn, he could go even further.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just watch him go back & be brilliant for Everton now. 🙁

He did absolutely nothing after injury before coming to us. As much as Everton are a hot mess I don't see who he's going to replace. Silva would be risking his job more than he already is

Annoying that after all the financial troubles in the summer that Bruce still went out and thought it would be a good idea to pay all his wages. Was excited by Yannicks arrival but wasn't expecting to wait 2 months for him to get fit and then prove to be incredibly underwhelming. Was a menace against Forest & Boro during our only good run this season but not much else since. Crazy money for a championship club to agree to pay. Single biggest F.You to FFP 

13 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Lumping Joe Cole and N’Zogbia together like they were the same drain on the club and equally bad characters is unfair on Joe I think.

This is true; Cole was a comparatively low-cost gamble. The gamble was that if he could stay fit, he'd be a useful addition, and could play an AM role at a time when we didn't have one at the club. In fact, he did play beautifully in one game against, if memory serves, Burnley. The flipside of the gamble was that his injury record was terrible, and he was indeed injured for most of his time here. 

Being injured is not the same as being lazy though. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't have been too upset to see him leave whatever he was earning. The fact he was earning such a silly amount of money softens the powder puff  blow even further. 

Â