Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

• 5 weeks later...

Think about this had we still had this wasteland we probably wouldn't have gone up.

One of the smartest decisions we ever made was sending him back and using the wages to get mings in.

#mingsin #wastemanout

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 08/07/2019 at 10:23, MaVilla said:

looks like he missed a shootout penalty which meant DR Congo went out of the ANC (lost to Madagascar).

couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Why the vitriol?

Not picking on you in particular, genuinely curious as to why (from a lot of our fanbase) he seems to get so much stick. I honestly don't remember him being that bad, especially compared to some players of that era. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Why the vitriol?

Not picking on you in particular, genuinely curious as to why (from a lot of our fanbase) he seems to get so much stick. I honestly don't remember him being that bad, especially compared to some players of that era. 

i think the general vitriol comes from the way he cut his loan short.

In theory his loan was until the end of the season, but he cut it short in Jan, the rumours at the time implied he thought Villa didnt have a chance of promotion (we did have a poor run tbf), that we werent good enough for him, and he wanted to go back to Everton so he could get a loan to a "better club".

Sure there is other stuff, but eh.....was nearly 2 years ago?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

In theory his loan was until the end of the season, but he cut it short in Jan, the rumours at the time implied he thought Villa didnt have a chance of promotion (we did have a poor run tbf), that we werent good enough for him, and he wanted to go back to Everton so he could get a loan to a "better club".

wasnt the story that he cut his loan short as he didnt think he would get much game time as Smith dropped him

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Thanks, fair enough I guess. I think he comes across as a nice person on social media tbh - definitely able to have banter/ and always seems positive about Villa.

I’m not sure why some people invest such time/energy into disliking so many of our ex-players for fairly trivial reasons. Seems kinda pointless imo

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

He explains what happens in the podcast I linked above. Some good insight into his time at Villa. Worth a listen

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 14:47, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It's a shame he never reached his full capabilities with us, but I never felt like he didn't care or anything. Watching this proves he clearly did. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, too.

It's nice to hear his reasons for cutting his loan short too. It was never really explained, and it did turn out to be the right thing for both parties.

Â