Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

On 03/01/2019 at 08:57, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope he starts showing more so we can stop talking about his wages again.

Players don't get paid for what they do, when they sign.....just what they might do or capable of doing.....there is a difference.

If you paid them for what they do....they'd never sign.

Their second contract is for what they do.

Edited by TRO

He's not doing enough, its as simple as that, he clearly can perform at this level, but it's not consistent enough and he hasn't got anywhere near enough goals or assists for a player we're giving £70k a week. He has been a poor signing so far, Harvey Barnes has delivered a lot more and was a player we could have gone in for. 

Absolutely astonishing Everton paid £25m for this muppet. I know it's not a huge amount of money nowadays and they've signed a few stinkers over the years but how?! Surely an injury can't turn him into this?

He trips over his own feet and doesn't have anything other than a few tricks he seems to make up on the spot. Like just smashing random buttons on fifa trying to skin a player. Shite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bolasie isn't the problem in this team.

He isn’t, but he could be so much better than he is. Often does the hard work and then has non-existent delivery/shooting. As frustrating as any other player.  

He's not the problem but he's very clearly a waste of substantial resources. £70k a week for this is not acceptable, he simply doesn't deliver enough and doesn't even get involved enough with consistent quality, he has been, all things given, a poor signing. 

• Like 2

I think he playes like a headless chicken. A couple of times in the first half he could have made easy passes to Tammy for him to score, but squandered it (he managed with one easy pass but then Tammy squandered it to be fair). I don't think it's about him not being match fit, it's the way he is. He can make a good and unexpected move in the first instance, just to lose the ball or miss a simple pass in the next. He doesn't do the basics right and isn't reliable. It's hard for the team to have coherent movement and a flowing passing style when you have one player in an important position who plays his own game and you never know what you will get. It's the same with Kodjia imo, but Bolasie is even more irrational. Doesn't seem to really care or give an effort either, it's just when he has the ball and can go one on one that he looks really interested. It hurts thinking about how much we pay him.

For me it was baffling that he wasn't substituted in the second half.

• Like 1

Genuinely cant remember the last time he had a good game. At this rate I too would rather see Andre Green back getting games in preparation for next season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

You can't play this guy and Ghazi with the midfield we have.

It's like playing with 9 men.

Yep, their both to wasteful in possession add that to the fact they both have far too much to prove, trying the glory shot , pass , dribble every time and it doesn't bode well for us. We don't hold onto the ball and the game is being played against our back 4 . 

Â