Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, he had an off day yesterday but he has popped up with some crucial assists his season. The crowd  are quick to jump on his back, I don’t know why. He’s a very good weapon to have at this level

About time he started showing it then as so far he has been piss poor and not fit for league one!

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, he had an off day yesterday but he has popped up with some crucial assists his season. The crowd  are quick to jump on his back, I don’t know why. He’s a very good weapon to have at this level

He can whip some lovely crosses in and can be really fast and accurate , but like most our players it just doesn't seem to be happening. Its boiling down to inconsistent performances and footballers will be judged on many iffy games compared to a few good ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

About time he started showing it then as so far he has been piss poor and not fit for league one!

His performance against Derby County earlier this season was fantastic, when on his game, he’s too good for this league. He has so much natural ability, if only he had the work rate to go with it, we’d have a player 

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Excellent, I love it.

Yes seriously they need to grow up and have a better attitude. I've never seen such a bunch of worthless pile of players who for some reason do not belong in this league, they belong in the next league down and even then i could see them struggling.

What does it take for them to show some courage, heart and listen to our coaches tactics and gameplay advice.

In total accord there, mate. Seriously, how do so many of these "love sponges" end up sucking on this club like zombie vampires? And before the "But, muh, mental health..." crowd come piling in, there is a massive difference between "having problems" and "having an attitude problem". Players in the former category shouldn't be playing at all. They should be getting their **** minds sorted just like a player with a **** hamstring would get medical rehab for it.

What I'm talking about is the kind of "man" who basically has the equivalent of a turkey's wattle between his legs rather than a scrotum bulging with huge ferrous balls.

We've brought in far too many of the former over the last twenty years. What Smith should do with the ball-less, gutless, sulky wastes of space is not send them to the bomb squad, he should send them to Aston Villa Ladies as self-identified women.

The best part is, they can get their confidence back tearing up the chick league with the added bonus of being acclaimed and bestowed with bravery awards for standing up for trans rights rather than being castigated for invading another sex's league. Win/Win. :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

His performance against Derby County earlier this season was fantastic, when on his game, he’s too good for this league. He has so much natural ability, if only he had the work rate to go with it, we’d have a player 

Any others?

One good game in 28, says it all really. He's poor.

• Like 3

A 1 in 10 trick pony, he is like the antithesis of Snodgrass. So glad we didn't purchase him for a stupid fee and have him on a large 4 year contract (like previous parachute money purchases in the seasons before). Thankfully he is Everton's problem, although we've had our pants pulled down this season, I would cancel the loan if I could.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any others?

One good game in 28, says it all really. He's poor.

In terms of natural ability, I’d say he’s up there with our best players but he doesn’t have the work ethic of someone like McGinn. Bolasie is inconsistent, a show pony if you will

Wowee.

He was unfit, made bad decisions, and his pace looks like it's gone permanently. Correct decision if we save £70k a week.

FWIW I very rarely thought Bolasie lacked effort though. In matches I've seen his work levels were good, and his understanding wasn't. He challenged for headers and 50/50s El Ghazi/Hourihane/Elmo wouldn't be interested in. He couldn't figure out when were good times to close people down though, even with Tammy telling him exactly when that was. Then he got tired on about 60 mins anyway.

A key man in the great early form we showed under Smith. Plus a lot of fun to watch.

He was absolutely dire for 80% of his time here. I'm glad he's gone, I got fed up with him running straight out of play towards the end.
I couldn't care less if we did the same with El Ghazi. If we need to free up loan spaces for players who are actually decent, then so be it. 

• Like 2

Â