Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We're the second top scoring team in the championship. I think Bolasie has a lot to do with that.

A lot of people act like our wingers need to be getting goals and assists each match. If they were doing that, they wouldn't be on loan at a championship club. 

No team in this league has wingers or playmakers who can do what ours can this consistently. 

Agreed

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We're the second top scoring team in the championship. I think Bolasie has a lot to do with that.

A lot of people act like our wingers need to be getting goals and assists each match. If they were doing that, they wouldn't be on loan at a championship club. 

No team in this league has wingers or playmakers who can do what ours can this consistently. 

Compare his stats to el ghazi and there is very little difference. Bolaise isnt doing enough for me to justify the huge wages we are paying.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Could also argue he's a PL footballer on a PL salary, playing against championship defenders. Arguably he should do better. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope he starts showing more so we can stop talking about his wages again.

Well we have him on loan So we can't talk about his transfer fee so we can talk about his astronomical wages and whether he represents the value we are paying him.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Compare his stats to el ghazi and there is very little difference. Bolaise isnt doing enough for me to justify the huge wages we are paying.

His salary was because he was doing what he is now, but in the premier league. We chose to take the risk and bring him in. If you ignore salaries, he is doing what we need him to do. 

But I get your point. We didn't chose to give him 70k a week, but we chose to bring him in, so you'd expect someone like Bale in terms of production with those wages.

Edited by Czechlad

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So what should we be paying him?

The money could be saved and brought a player. Look at smiths signings in the past they have been for peanuts and he has brought some unbeleivable talents. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The money could be saved and brought a player. Look at smiths signings in the past they have been for peanuts and he has brought some unbeleivable talents. 

Ok so what should we paying Bolasie? You would rather we spent 3.5 million on a player that might do well rather than spend it on Bolasie who will give us around 10 assists in a season?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so what should we paying Bolasie? You would rather we spent 3.5 million on a player that might do well rather than spend it on Bolasie who will give us around 10 assists in a season?

So do you think he has been value for money? It took almost 2 months to get him fit as less goals than el ghazi.

If you ask me snodgrass was a much better loan signing and far more consistent 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So do you think he has been value for money? It took almost 2 months to get him fit as less goals than el ghazi.

If you ask me snodgrass was a much better loan signing and far more consistent 

No I don’t but I still think we were right to take the chance on him. 

I would rather we have him than Boro. 

Edit: actually I take it back. 4 million for the season. Hardly broke the bank consider half the season to go and still so much he could deliver. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Not even that much, even if we are paying him £70k per week (and none of us have seen the terms of the loan agreement, we might have paid a loan fee but nothing to wages, we might be paying 100% of wages and no loan fee etc) it wouldn’t be for the whole calendar year, just the season.

£70k x 40 weeks is £2.8m. Call it £3m. I’d have paid £2m for Bolasie and had him on £20k a week and called it a bargain all round - it’s just how you slice the numbers.

I like him, I think he’ll help get us into the playoffs and get us promoted, but even if I didn’t of all the money this club has wasted in recent years this isn’t one that worries me.

• Like 2

Â