Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

30 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would be a wonder if he could score off that, think it would be a contender for goal off the season..

I like Bolasie, he can put a hell of a cross in, he's a very good swap for Adomah,  but shame Adomah is no doubt hurt, least Adomah had a donkey ride off the pitch..

I think once Bolasie finds fitness and form he’ll be better than Adomah. And I like Adomah a lot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

We are 5 games away from the mid season point, cant believe we are paying him £80k/week and he hasnt even been fit enough to make his first start yet. Crazy.  Should have just loaned him in January instead!

Having said that he has looked good in his last few games coming on, has to start tonight - but doubt he could start against Middlesbrough on Saturday as well if he plays the full 90. Could bring on El Ghazi in both games around the hour mark. 

Are we actually paying him £80k p/w?? 

Genuine question as I have no idea but I'd be really, really surprised if we were paying anything like this amount.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are we actually paying him £80k p/w?? 

Genuine question as I have no idea but I'd be really, really surprised if we were paying anything like this amount.

I think it is £70k per week we are paying.  We also paid a loan fee to Everton. 

70k per week is 3.5 million for a year of his services. Lets say we paid a loan fee too so we’re looking at 4 million or so.  

Now let’s compare that to spending the same sum on a player that could be as good as a fit Bolasie. You’d be looking at least 10 million plus wages. On top of that if he flopped we’d be stuck with (think McCormack and Hogan).

i think too much is made of our decision to pay his wages.

If he contributes to promotion then I’d say it’s a bargain and a sum worth paying and risk worth taking!

edit: Also imagine we didn’t sign him and he ended up playing a pivotal part in Boro getting promoted. You know for a fact all those moaning about his wages would be moaning that we lost out to Boro for his signature.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

What's the source that we're paying all of his wages?

I'm not denying that we are, I've just never seen it written anywhere other than this thread.

I'd imagine it would be something Everton would have been more than willing to contribute to seeing as it benefits them by bringing one of their players back up to fitness or, at the very least, putting him in the shop window.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the source that we're paying all of his wages?

I'm not denying that we are, I've just never seen it written anywhere other than this thread.

I'd imagine it would be something Everton would have been more than willing to contribute to seeing as it benefits them by bringing one of their players back up to fitness or, at the very least, putting him in the shop window.

It came out a while ago.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-grealish-bruce-ffp-15188743

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

It wasn't just the mail it was quite a few papers. 

Ah right because they're such a great source of info these days, they have to make shit up because everything factual they print is obsolete by the time someone gets to a shop to buy a paper!! 

I'll take it with a pinch of salt, I would be really surprised if its that high. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right because they're such a great source of info these days, they have to make shit up because everything factual they print is obsolete by the time someone gets to a shop to buy a paper!! 

I'll take it with a pinch of salt, I would be really surprised if its that high. 

I've personally heard from people connected to the club that it is that high but unless you see his wage slip then you can never be 100% on anything. 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I've personally heard from people connected to the club that it is that high but unless you see his wage slip then you can never be 100% on anything. 

Yeah for sure, and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're paying something minimal, 20k p/w or something similar but surely we're not forking out 70k p/w on a player still returning from a long term injury.....a very good player but still to prove that he's back to anything like his 100%

talk about a hot and cold footballer, but i think partly down to a lack of game time. he still seems to have serious end product and his crossing is sublime.

When he has some games under his belt and a bit of match sharpness he will annihilate full backs in this league

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was very, very good when he was on it, but disappeared at times as well, will be a real asset when fully fit, put in some top quality deliveries today.

I'd say what you saw tonight is what you'll get with him. Hot and cold, moments of brilliance followed by laziness or lack of concentration. 

• Like 1

Â