Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, supermon said:

He managed to walk off which is always a good sign, Trezeguet made a nice cameo appearance though setting up McGinn

didn't he get booked for walking the wrong way off the pitch by the ref who took his job really seriously? 

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Anyone got a vid of the tackle.

Missed it.

No, but if you imagine a giant pair of scissors closing over his legs that’s pretty much it. 

55 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

didn't he get booked for walking the wrong way off the pitch by the ref who took his job really seriously? 

Haha yes he did, he got injured from a bad tackle in a friendly then got booked for being carried off the wrong way when he was already going off. Most pointless booking ever!

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but if you look over the game el ghazi was playing against a lot more energetic team. Trez came on and had a relatively easy time of it. He wasn't worried about being swarmed and was playing against tired legs which sometimes gives you an extra half yard. As @Sulberto21 said el ghazi had a pretty good run and cross right before he got injured.

El Ghazi started to have the same joy in the 10 minutes before he went off. No coincidence really. 

18 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Saw the game, it was a bad tackle ,was in great pain & limping off the pitch .. maybe out for awhile  

I fear that if I’m honest. Would have liked to see him against Spuds.

Yeah that ref with that stupid booking, total stupidness, yet there were many incidents he should of booked those red bull players.

Hope he's alright..

Did feel he was abit ineffective during the game, Trez changed the game I felt, he seemed to be able to pick out and pass through those gaps that Ghazi couldn't seem to find.

It looked like a horrible tackle and the fact you could hear him still screaming for a good minute or so was worrying, that said it always offers a bit of optimism when players walk off the pitch rather than leaving on a stretcher. 

40 minutes ago, av1 said:

It looked like a horrible tackle and the fact you could hear him still screaming for a good minute or so was worrying, that said it always offers a bit of optimism when players walk off the pitch rather than leaving on a stretcher. 

Not to ruin your hope or whatever. Kevin Durant tore his achilles and walked off of the basketball court. Which is arguably the most serious Injury you can get. 

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Did feel he was abit ineffective during the game, Trez changed the game I felt, he seemed to be able to pick out and pass through those gaps that Ghazi couldn't seem to find.

El ghazi couldn't find many gaps because there weren't realy any when he was playing. Leipzig were doing a full team press for most of the game. El ghazi started playing a lot better once they stopped and after he got injured Hassan came on and took advantage of a tired team no longer able to full implement their defensive scheme. 

I thought he was very good. 

Don't get me wrong he struggled for space and service, but even when muted has those moments in him against all levels of opposition to change the game in a blink of an eye. 

And yeah, as soon as the game became stretched he was in his element. He'll be a quality Premier League footballer. 

• Like 1

Â