Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can't believe we took him off

Because that's "the sub" Smith does. I'm getting pretty **** tired of it to be honest.

It's like rugby or something. It gets to 65-75 mins and he makes that sub regardless. Is he watching?

El Ghazi was pretending to be hurt the other day sorry everyone. Exactly the same as Burnley at home earlier in the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because that's "the sub" Smith does. I'm getting pretty **** tired of it to be honest.

It's like rugby or something. It gets to 65-75 mins and he makes that sub regardless. Is he watching?

El Ghazi was pretending to be hurt the other day sorry everyone. Exactly the same as Burnley at home earlier in the season.

Earlier in the season he took so much flak for not using his subs. He can't win sometimes.

I personally thought he should have kept our whole 11 unchanged and gambled on having 3 subs for extra time, but we can't see the player stats that he can see. You don't know if players have started tailing off.

El Ghazi played okay today, but I think everyone who criticised him for going off vs Southampton has been proven right. Pretty disappointed with him.

On 25/02/2020 at 16:04, Mic09 said:

I wish we had a medical team that is in constant communication with the management to discuss a player's ability to continue to play. 

I also wish the player had direct interaction with his manager (I don't know, maybe on daily basis during training sessions?) so that they can discuss their fitness level and any possible injuries that might have occurred. 

Some of the suggestions that 'he could have carried on, I carried on when I broke my wrist in Sunday league in '97' are so detached from the reality of professional sporting world that I am astounded you even understand the rules of the game.

On 25/02/2020 at 16:14, Keyblade said:

I don't think anyone's denying he picks up niggly injuries, it's the insinuation that he's faking them that is objectionable. 

On 25/02/2020 at 12:57, DCJonah said:

Why would they have to say anything?

A few idiots on a forum isn't worthy of a response. 

On 25/02/2020 at 12:57, DCJonah said:

Great.

So you should easily be able to tell them us. Clearly they are very memorable. 

Once again this thread becomes an embarrassment  

On 25/02/2020 at 12:53, Tom13 said:

My initial reaction to AEG going off was oh come on, surely he could have carried on. But my temper was already under pressure from how badly we were playing.

However, I've not seen it myself but I refuse to believe (no matter how many **** opinions I read) that he went off without reason, just not having it. Like someone said, he got headbutted last week, bravely going for a header, and carried on. He seems a timid character, but let's cut him some slack, he's been decent for us this season.

On 25/02/2020 at 08:57, lexicon said:

Probably don't want to dignify the nonsense with an answer. 

Are you all still satisfied with what AEG did vs Southampton?

• Confused 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

What? Him playing a game 8 days later doesn't change anything. What did you think, he'd be out for 3 weeks with a head knock?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Amazed he played today. After faking an injury and once again showing how soft he is. 

Wonder if anyone will apologise for the stupid posts made previously. 

Nobody needs to apologise for disagreeing with you my man.

• Like 3

I don't get him. You'd expect a player like him to turn up against the crap teams and bottle the big games. He is the exact opposite. A big game player. Loves the big stage and playing against the best teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I feel like I complain about it every week now...Trez is definitely a decent player but I don't think he is currently in-form at all.

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Earlier in the season he took so much flak for not using his subs. He can't win sometimes.

I personally thought he should have kept our whole 11 unchanged and gambled on having 3 subs for extra time, but we can't see the player stats that he can see. You don't know if players have started tailing off.

El Ghazi played okay today, but I think everyone who criticised him for going off vs Southampton has been proven right. Pretty disappointed with him.

Were you disappointed with Elmo today for backing into their left back and falling over like he’d been shot, winning us the free kick which led to a rare chance to get the ball into the area?

No you weren’t.  

Like I said before, I don’t think AEG went off because of the knock he took to his head, but rather the reaction of our own players towards him pretty much left him with little choice (in his own mind)

Was his reaction idiotic? Yes.  Did he deserve the abuse he got in here after it? no.

is he (by some distance) the best winger we have? Yes.

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nobody needs to apologise for disagreeing with you my man.

They certainly don't and I would never ask them to. 

The apology should be towards the player they claimed faked an injury to get out of a game after 20 minutes 

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make? Why would the club issue a press release for a minor head injury? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

They certainly don't and I would never ask them to. 

The apology should be towards the player they claimed faked an injury to get out of a game after 20 minutes 

So you want them to ring him up and apologise for posts on VT that suggested he's soft as shite? I'm not sure that's a good idea because, unlikely as it seems, there's a chance he doesn't know those posts exist and it might upset him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So you want them to ring him up and apologise for posts on VT that suggested he's soft as shite? I'm not sure that's a good idea because, unlikely as it seems, there's a chance he doesn't know those posts exist and it might upset him.

Well no I'm not expecting that. 

You're right he won't know they exist. 

Maybe not an apology. Maybe an acceptance that their pretty disgusting attitude towards him was completely unjustified. 

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Absolutely amazing comment. 

I mean it's so ridiculous I don't know where to begin with it. 

Unbelievable arrogance and completely delusional. 

You've taken it to a new level. 

Absolutely amazing comment. 

I mean it's so ridiculous I don't know where to begin with it. 

Unbelievable arrogance and completely delusional. 

You've taken it to a new level. 

Tom Hanks, Prince William, and now Greta. Our celebrity fans are piling up!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well no I'm not expecting that. 

You're right he won't know they exist. 

Maybe not an apology. Maybe an acceptance that their pretty disgusting attitude towards him was completely unjustified. 

Huh? Him being included in the squad and performing well (admittedly) doesn't change my view of him going off with a ruptured eyelash against Southampton.

You took the opinions/criticisms so defensively you thought it meant we all now hated El Ghazi and thought he was tripe.

Those views are not mutually exclusive. I even pointed out in the pre match thread that the thinking would probably be that turns up in big games, and when he is actually up for it he can be great.

Truth is none of us know for certain what the circumstances are/were, whether Deano and squad were, or were not upset at him at the time etc.

What we do know, is that we probably had/have no better alternative than him in his position anyway, and the gravity of the game would outweigh the other minor issues. (If they exist)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â