Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

We have plenty of players who do worse than he does for us.

A fair comment but its not hard to see why we are in a mess this season if we are regarding him as one of our better performers.

• Like 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

A fair comment but its not hard to see why we are in a mess this season if we are regarding him as one of our better performers.

Agreed, but that’s what happens when you build a whole squad in one window with an average of £10m per player.

Everton have spent £500m since we got relegated and were around the relegation battle until recently.

He’s a player fitting with the level of club we are at the moment, unfortunately. If we stay up, we’ll almost certainly bring in a new winger with a view to him and Trez becoming bit-part players that might get better in time.

• Like 1

He shows flashes of brilliance but they are too few and far between. Not consistent enough for me, I see a good player in there but for me it's a question of desire and fight with Anwar. Let's not forget he was very highly rated when he was younger at Ajax. Still plenty of time for him to realise his potential for me. 

If we go down I could see a lower half prem team coming in for him, we would probably make a little bit of profit on him too. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Anyway, I loved what I saw from Anwar. He was up against arguably one of the best right backs in the league, and did well for himself. Left wing really suits him. He seemed so much more comfortable. 

Only problem is Jack also seems more comfortable there. Do we continue with Jack at CAM? I mean it worked in the championship, or do we keep playing El Ghazi at right wing where he definitely isn't as effective? 

He also benefits from having Jack in the free role floating around him as opposed to on the opposite wing as well as Targett constantly overlapping and his general threat. All he has to work with on the right is Guilbert who isn't exactly the most supportive RB.

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Anyway, I loved what I saw from Anwar. He was up against arguably one of the best right backs in the league, and did well for himself. Left wing really suits him. He seemed so much more comfortable. 

Only problem is Jack also seems more comfortable there. Do we continue with Jack at CAM? I mean it worked in the championship, or do we keep playing El Ghazi at right wing where he definitely isn't as effective? 

Also Trez is more comfortable on the left...

I think if we had a more stable midfield and could dominate a game, he'd be much more effective.  As it is, we don't dominate the ball, so he finds it hard to grab a game by the scruff. 

He's the kind of player you want when you're on the front foot, he's a bit "meek" when it's backs to the wall, but then again, he's more likely than most in our squad to produce a good cross or a goal. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he moved on in the summer, no mental robustness at all not a Villa player long term.

Smith showed a weakness playing him Sunday and used Hause and Konsa as scapegoats for his comments regarding players playing themselves out of the final!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I wouldn't be bothered one bit if he moved on in the summer, no mental robustness at all not a Villa player long term.

Smith showed a weakness playing him Sunday and used Hause and Konsa as scapegoats for his comments regarding players playing themselves out of the final!

did you miss the superb cross that led to Samatta scoring? I think Smith played him as he is clearly one of our most talented attacking players and this is shown in training, even if it rarely translates to the pitch.

I think El Ghazi is a bit of an enigma, I agree he is inconsistent, light weight and sometimes his attitude seems questionable, but you can also see he does have a lot of ability and has scored some very important goals for us already. I think the problem is him and Trez are inconsistent which is infuriating as we can't afford to carry players. No one in our team can hide behind anyone else, we have a team of followers and not enough leaders. McGinn though poor before he was injured probably was one of few leaders we have in the team along with Mings, I love Grealish but I don't think he is a natural leader even though he clearly cares and tries.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Also, there aren't any wide players in this league who don't play for City or Liverpool who are consistent. That's the nature of the game for most of them.

Even mane and Salah have shit games where they go missing or miss easy chances, Liverpool just create way more chances, so their failures are "less".

You give el ghazi the same opportunities and he'd look much better.  Same goes for many players, but I actually think el ghazi could play well for a team like Everton.

• Like 2

If we stay up...he's a good back up. 

We have a bunch of good players who are good back ups. And he's one of them. Very inconsistent but can't make the difference. He should be #2 on the wing. And trez #3. Sign big money for the wing if we stay up and keep grealish on the left 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I just found out Ghazi means warrior in Arabic.

So Anwar El Ghazi could be translated as Anwar the Warrior

It’s not warrior properly, its more like a raider or invader, warrior is called (Mohareb). I wasn’t sure how to get the best vocabulary for it. But anyway, in Arabic we have a lot of vocabularies for a certain name anyway. So for example, there are more than 300 names just for lion. Which I don’t even know most of them. Or that I know the name but don’t know it refers to lion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/03/2020 at 09:39, villalad21 said:

I don't understand why he can never seem to find any sort of consistency.

Thats what makes a good player, consistency.

its one of the ingredients that seperates good from the bad.

they can all play well on their day.....problem is we want it every game or nigh on every game.

On 04/03/2020 at 19:13, lapal_fan said:

Even mane and Salah have shit games where they go missing or miss easy chances, Liverpool just create way more chances, so their failures are "less".

You give el ghazi the same opportunities and he'd look much better.  Same goes for many players, but I actually think el ghazi could play well for a team like Everton.

You could count their poor games on one hand......for sure they have better players around them, but their consistency is right up there.

El Ghazi is hit and miss.....not even in the same class.

• Like 1

Â