Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

You've got retired, league one after not cutting it in the SPL and hasn't found any club willing to take him yet. I don't think you need to wonder. 

I literally acknowledged that in the bit you and previous poster deleted from the quote.

We wouldn’t be the first squad to have players who barely make an appearance in the league, but still have something to offer behind the scenes in terms of work ethic and maturity.

What’s the big difference with keeping any of those three on and keeping Lansbury?

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

I havent seen the highlights from the Southampton game.

What happened? How did Grealish and Mings "humiliate" him?

He had rolled back on to the pitch with his injury, delaying our attacking corner. Was going on for quite a while. Both of them made a point of running over to him and trying to get him to move off the pitch so we could take the corner.

In both cases it looked like they were quite irritated with him. Was pretty odd.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

He had rolled back on to the pitch with his injury, delaying our attacking corner. Was going on for quite a while. Both of them made a point of running over to him and trying to get him to move off the pitch so we could take the corner.

In both cases it looked like they were quite irritated with him. Was pretty odd.

Is there any footage of it about?

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I agree with the above, it was pisspoor behaviour from Grealish and Mings.

Although I think this is more a consequence of both of them being too young / inexperienced for the responsibilities they’ve been given. They’ll learn.

I thought it was excellent leadership from mings and Grealish. We need players to dig in, work hard, show some fight and man up if we are going to stay up this season. El Ghazi can't do any of those things and he has consistently done the opposite all season. I'd say they both just finally snapped. 

Also to the question why does smith keep picking him, the answer is that there is nobody else he can pick. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I thought it was excellent leadership from mings and Grealish. We need players to dig in, work hard, show some fight and man up if we are going to stay up this season. El Ghazi can't do any of those things and he has consistently done the opposite all season. I'd say they both just finally snapped. 

Also to the question why does smith keep picking him, the answer is that there is nobody else he can pick. 

Sorry I disagree. Their public display of dissatisfaction, throws him under the bus. You can have those kind of conversations behind closed doors.

I’d have much rather seen Grealish and/or Mings spend their energy in bringing the group together for a quick rev up or regroup after such a timid, poor start whilst El Ghazi got treated.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3

Reading this thread, wtf. Do people genuinely believe people come off because only a knock to face? He would have come off many times this season if that's the case. 

You think management and team would allow him to do that also? 

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Reading this thread, wtf. Do people genuinely believe people come off because only a knock to face? He would have come off many times this season if that's the case. 

You think management and team would allow him to do that also? 

He has come off previously with what turned out to be very minor injuries, both this season and last. The management team don't have a choice, they can't force him to stay on. If he says he needs to come off then they have to sub him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Reading this thread, wtf. Do people genuinely believe people come off because only a knock to face?

No I am under the firm belief that a flailing finger to the side of the head is enough to cause substantial pain and concussion.

1 like =  1 prayer.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The club have taken him to Aunt Brenda's sex dungeon in small heath, apparently the double extra spanking has toughened him up a bit.

Can I have the address please (for a mate)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Think it was more "Get up it's not that bad ffs, and if you won't then get off the pitch, we've got a match we need to get back into ffs!".

I see nothing wrong with it, they were showing urgency, and rightly so.

I'm not saying I want Anwar out full time, he just needs to know he must find some more fight for this run in, we can't take any passengers.

I've always thought he could do with putting on some more muscle as well, bad as it sounds, our Footballers who look "softer", generally are!

Targett came back from his accusations of "bottling it" in form and fighting.

I was sitting two rows back from the dugout on Saturday in with the home fans. After El Ghazi walked down the tunnel Hourihane was straight onto the physio asking what the problem was, it didn't look like either him or Elmo were particularly impressed with the explanation given the level of eye rolling.

I'm  a fan of El Ghazi but the reaction of two of the more senior members of the squad was quite damning in my eyes.

• Like 4

I thought it was pretty clear El Ghazi had nothing wrong with him. He expected the free kick and for the referee to take action against Bednarek (possibly trying to get him sent off), didnt get it, so decided to play act in his embarrassment. All this did was make him look an even bigger big pink flange, so Jack and Tyrone took exception and basically told him to sort it out or just get off the pitch because you’re being pathetic. Deano, already pissed off at the pathetic performance of the side gave the physios a minute to assess whether it was a real injury, saw that it wasnt, took AEGs character of having no fight in him into consideration and thought I havent got time for this waster and duly took him off in anger at his own stupidness.

He had a good day; was clear he achieved the Manager, his team mates and the fans all being fed up of him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mole86 said:

I was sitting two rows back from the dugout on Saturday in with the home fans. After El Ghazi walked down the tunnel Hourihane was straight onto the physio asking what the problem was, it didn't look like either him or Elmo were particularly impressed with the explanation given the level of eye rolling.

I'm  a fan of El Ghazi but the reaction of two of the more senior members of the squad was quite damning in my eyes.

Exactly. People are making out it’s a weird VT conspiracy theory (some of whom haven’t even seen the **** incident).

It was obvious on the day that his teammates and manager were sceptical.

I am also a fan of AEG as a player, especially when he’s on form, and he was doing some good stuff going forwards against Southampton. But I can’t believe there’s any controversy about the suggestion that he’s a bit soft - it’s a very obvious feature of his game that he avoids committing to tackles and aerial duels. Contrast with someone like McGinn, Nakamba or Guilbert. How is this a debate?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mole86 said:

Hmmmm that's interesting

Â