Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I wouldn't put it past him to bottle it. 
I do really question why I like football sometimes. You watch any match in the six nations and you see players being stamped on, knee'd in the head and taking elbows to the face and just getting up and carrying on. Meanwhile, El Ghazi takes an index finger to the cheek and his afternoon is up. 

If the management team do come to the conclusion he faked the injury for whatever reason, he shouldn't play for us again and fined heavily. In our current plight, having a player go off the pitch because they don't fancy it is absolutely shocking. 

Like it or not El Gazi is one of Villa's big weapons. you've got to get him up for it.

I'm sure it was just regarding making sure he was fit for Wembley next week so he could get his nouri T shirt out again.

Maybe the effect of what happened to his old ajax teammate has had some deep rooted effect on how el gazi handles the physical side. I mean he's a big powerful bloke yet seems to limp off after innocuous incidents.

13 minutes ago, PrimevalVillan said:

I don't know, replay showed him getting taking an arm to the jaw...not sure why everyone, including Mings, is assuming it was nothing and he wanted out 15 minutes into a game.

Boy who cried wolf, they see it in training all the time I guarantee it.

Played with a lad at power league who went down every 5 minutes as if he was shot. In the end we just played on around him. Had enough of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, momo said:

Does anyone have links to the game, so I can see what "bottling" it means? I didn't watch the first half, but I am amazed about how many doctors we have here at DoctorTalk

You’re missing the point. This isn’t a one off. He has a pattern of small, short term “injuries” that look soft and do no noticeable damage. Even if this one is real, he has dug himself into a hole.

If John McGinn went down like that and was subbed off, there would be a very different reaction from fans, teammates and manager.

AEG regularly shows an unwillingness to compete properly for headers, 50-50s, etc in games where the opposition are up for a fight. He’s getting an unsympathetic hearing for that reason. His softness has been a recurring theme on here for a long time, this isn’t just a load of armchair doctors pontificating on a one off incident.

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You’re missing the point. This isn’t a one off. He has a pattern of small, short term “injuries” that look soft and do no noticeable damage. Even if this one is real, he has dug himself into a hole.

If John McGinn went down like that and was subbed off, there would be a very different reaction from fans, teammates and manager.

AEG regularly shows an unwillingness to compete properly for headers, 50-50s, etc in games where the opposition are up for a fight. He’s getting an unsympathetic hearing for that reason. His softness has been a recurring theme on here for a long time, this isn’t just a load of armchair doctors pontificating on a one off incident.

I'd like to see the incidents myself. Targett's injuries had a similar reaction on VillaTalk earlier in the season. So had Mings among Bournemouth fans. All I see is a pattern from fans making statements they have no clue about. But then Mings had a game where he injured himself and kept playing on. This lost Villa the game. I'll leave the judgment on injuries to professionals.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, momo said:

Does anyone have links to the game, so I can see what "bottling" it means? I didn't watch the first half, but I am amazed about how many doctors we have here at DoctorTalk

I think if he just stayed off the pitch when he got injured nobody would be even talking about it now. For some strange reason he rolled back on to the pitch and wasted our time. Also killing some momentum when we had a corner. Both Mings and Grealish had to ask him to move back off the pitch so we could carry on.

Injured or not it was very odd behaviour by him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Classic luxury player syndrome. He might be our 'best' winger, but he'll be of little use considering our current predicament. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think if he just stayed off the pitch when he got injured nobody would be even talking about it now. For some strange reason he rolled back on to the pitch and wasted our time. Also killing some momentum when we had a corner. Both Mings and Grealish had to ask him to move back off the pitch so we could carry on.

Injured or not it was very odd behaviour by him.

Guarantee if he had rolled off the pitch injured for us to lose the ball and be countered with a man less he'd be absolutely slaughtered on here for it. Imagine if we'd conceded a goal while playing with 10 because he decided to take himself off the pitch rather than wait for treatment? He'd be absolutely crucified for it, without a doubt 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, momo said:

I'd like to see the incidents myself. Targett's injuries had a similar reaction on VillaTalk earlier in the season. So had Mings among Bournemouth fans. All I see is a pattern from fans making statements they have no clue about. But then Mings had a game where he injured himself and kept playing on. This lost Villa the game. I'll leave the judgment on injuries to professionals.

You haven’t seen the incident but feel ready to criticise fans who have seen the incident for drawing conclusions from it? Interesting.

The Mings thing is a false equivalence. Mings competes for the ball bravely. He picks up niggles, we know he’s injury prone. TBH I think he can be a bit of a drama queen as well, but fundamentally he is up for the fight.

AEG lacks fight, and I can point to countless incidents over the last 18 months to back that up. That’s got nothing to do with anyone’s medical qualifications ffs.

This might be a genuine injury / concussion / vision problem, but whatever it was, unless there’s a very obvious fracture or rupture of something, to some extent the medical staff have to go on what the player is telling them.

He is a soft player, and the Premier League is not a forgiving environment for soft players. He was a very good player in the Championship, and he has been very good at times this season, but not consistently enough. 

Edited by KentVillan

I hope AEG recovers if he indeed got a concussion. If he didn't I hope he has a really good look at himself in the mirror and realizes that his job is that of a football player and the most important 1 hour + 45 min of being in that profession is on match day. When it's game on, you play your heart out and give it your all. really no excuses for me.

https://t.co/imxbaJBYXZ?amp=1

Anwar El Ghazi

The Dutch winger lasted just 28 minutes on the south coast. He took a backhand to the face off Jan Bednarek. It wasn't a concussive blow, nor was there any blood - but he appeared to throw in the towel instead of rolling up his sleeves to help dig Villa out of a hole. Anwar El Ghazi hasn't scored from open play in the Premier League since Newcastle on November 25 - and that's despite being constantly backed by Smith from the start. Form has taken a turn, that's for sure. We'll see if Smith sticks with him on Sunday.

🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

49 minutes ago, weedman said:

Guarantee if he had rolled off the pitch injured for us to lose the ball and be countered with a man less he'd be absolutely slaughtered on here for it. Imagine if we'd conceded a goal while playing with 10 because he decided to take himself off the pitch rather than wait for treatment? He'd be absolutely crucified for it, without a doubt 

That’s a really good point. He probably rolled back on to the pitch so we didn’t go down to 10 men while he got treatment.  Jack and Mings telling him to roll back off didn’t help his cause.

Have to say he’s a bit of a wimp. I’m of an age to remember Andy Lochhead, George Curtis, Chopper Harris, Dave Mackay etc They would have been embarrassed to skulk off the way this guy did. Mackay played on with a broken leg ffs. Gutless.

Â