Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Something blew in my eye at lunchtime today, no idea if it was a fly, bit of general dirt etc but it is still sore now & vision is a bit blurry. Wouldn't want to be running around trying to play football nevermind doing anything else. Could easily have just been a glancing blow to the eye which can be very painful for a good while afterwards & irritating/sore for hours, hell there have been multiple UFC fights ended because of an eye poke

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

AEG regularly shows an unwillingness to compete properly for headers, 50-50s, etc in games where the opposition are up for a fight. He’s getting an unsympathetic hearing for that reason. His softness has been a recurring theme on here for a long time, this isn’t just a load of armchair doctors pontificating on a one off incident.

He took a full on headbutt from a Spurs defender last week and carried on

• Like 2

My initial reaction to AEG going off was oh come on, surely he could have carried on. But my temper was already under pressure from how badly we were playing.

However, I've not seen it myself but I refuse to believe (no matter how many **** opinions I read) that he went off without reason, just not having it. Like someone said, he got headbutted last week, bravely going for a header, and carried on. He seems a timid character, but let's cut him some slack, he's been decent for us this season.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KentVillan said:

You’re missing the point. This isn’t a one off. He has a pattern of small, short term “injuries” that look soft and do no noticeable damage. Even if this one is real, he has dug himself into a hole.

If John McGinn went down like that and was subbed off, there would be a very different reaction from fans, teammates and manager.

AEG regularly shows an unwillingness to compete properly for headers, 50-50s, etc in games where the opposition are up for a fight. He’s getting an unsympathetic hearing for that reason. His softness has been a recurring theme on here for a long time, this isn’t just a load of armchair doctors pontificating on a one off incident.

Great.

So you should easily be able to tell them us. Clearly they are very memorable. 

Once again this thread becomes an embarrassment  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Why isn't the club saying anything? Surely they've seen the unpleasant speculation among the fanbase.

Why would they have to say anything?

A few idiots on a forum isn't worthy of a response. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would they have to say anything?

A few idiots on a forum isn't worthy of a response. 

Exactly and especially with the possibility of head injury and the sensitivity around that topic. They're not obliged to tell us anything. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Great.

So you should easily be able to tell them us. Clearly they are very memorable. 

Once again this thread becomes an embarrassment  

Here's a few:

• March 2019: Arm injury vs. Forest (someone trod on his arm), subbed off, starts the game 3 days later vs Middlesbrough
  • September 2019: "Knock" vs Burnley at home, subbed off, starts the next game 7 dats later vs Norwich
  • December 2019: Knee injury vs. Man Utd, subbed off, misses the midweek game, plays 7 days later against Leicester
  • February 2019: TBC

And if you look at his Transfermarkt injury history (which is out of date and incomplete) he has a lot of very short-term injuries: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anwar-el-ghazi/verletzungen/spieler/183720

SeasonInjury                                 from        until        Days    Games misse
17/18  Hamstring Injury                        Nov 25, 2017  Dec 6, 2017  11 days  3 LOSC Lille
15/16  groin strain                            Apr 25, 2016  May 5, 2016  10 days  1 Ajax Amsterdam
15/16  Ankle Injury                            Jan 7, 2016   Jan 11, 2016  4 days  -
15/16  Ankle Injury                            Nov 5, 2015   Dec 3, 20152  8 days  5 Ajax Amsterdam
15/16  Ill                                     Oct 22, 2015  Oct 26, 2015  4 days  2 Ajax Amsterdam
15/16  Knee Injury                             Aug 31, 2015  Sep 7, 2015   7 days  -
15/16  Strain in the thigh and gluteal muscles Aug 10, 2015  Aug 13, 2015  3 days  -
14/15  Groin Injury                            Dec 1, 2014   Dec 8, 2014   7 days  1 
Ajax Amsterdam

Now I can completely understand the argument that AEG has done a lot of good stuff at Villa, and we should back our own player.

But the idea that his propensity to pick up lots of small injuries is just an invention (or indeed an "embarrassment") is condescending bullshit.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Anwar is not a wuss, and I am not having it. He wasn't hurt at all. When physio approached him, he was filled with inconsolable rage and muttering dark and profane death threats against Bednarek. Such was the concern of the physios, they quickly consulted Anwar's doctor, his psychologist, and his parole officer, and they all considered that the best course of action was to remove him before he caused any harm.

This is the same guy that attempted to murder Patrick Bamford last year. He is a hard bastard, and he should be doing time.

Its just too easy to jump to conclusions, but I guess its fun.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Here's a few:

• March 2019: Arm injury vs. Forest (someone trod on his arm), subbed off, starts the game 3 days later vs Middlesbrough
  • September 2019: "Knock" vs Burnley at home, subbed off, starts the next game 7 dats later vs Norwich
  • December 2019: Knee injury vs. Man Utd, subbed off, misses the midweek game, plays 7 days later against Leicester

And if you look at his Transfermarkt injury history (which is out of date and incomplete) he has a lot of very short-term injuries: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anwar-el-ghazi/verletzungen/spieler/183720

Now I can completely understand the argument that AEG has done a lot of good stuff at Villa, and we should back our own player.

But the idea that his propensity to pick up lots of small injuries is just an invention (or indeed an "embarrassment") is condescending bullshit.

If anything it can also show the reverse. Gets booted/injured during a game, Is subbed off (whether this is at his own request or not and usually a sensibe option for anything like a tight hamstring/groin) and is generally fit & ready to go even a few days later. Missing 6 weeks or so in 6 years is better than 90% of players. Looks like he has pretty good recovery compared to most and barely misses any games.

Edited by LakotaDakota

I wish we had a medical team that is in constant communication with the management to discuss a player's ability to continue to play. 

I also wish the player had direct interaction with his manager (I don't know, maybe on daily basis during training sessions?) so that they can discuss their fitness level and any possible injuries that might have occurred. 

Some of the suggestions that 'he could have carried on, I carried on when I broke my wrist in Sunday league in '97' are so detached from the reality of professional sporting world that I am astounded you even understand the rules of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Here's a few:

I don't think anyone's denying he picks up niggly injuries, it's the insinuation that he's faking them that is objectionable. 

• Like 1

Â