Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

Okay this is dissapointing only loan. But still funny to read everton fans losing their minds over this they really really dont want him holy moly :D

I’m not surprised. He is not good enough for us as even a bench player anymore and we are meant to be one Everton’s main rivals for breaking top 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm, strange deal.

I guess it's to get his wages off the books but there is absolutely no way Everton are exercising an option to buy on El Ghazi at £15m when they see him play.

He might do well enough for another club to want to buy him, whether that be a foreign club, or a newly promoted club.

Or Newcastle in their bid to win the Championship next season.

Strange move for Everton you feel considering they're around our level at the moment yet El Ghazi is evidently a player we feel we're moving beyond the level of. You'd think he'd be a handy signing for a Norwich or Watford type of team.

Regardless, wish him all the best. He's had some massive moments over the last few seasons and for all the stick he's gotten has really stepped up in some big moments, just really lacks any kind of consistency in general play to realistically nail a place down in even a middling Premier League side. Has always come across as a great guy and have we had a better penalty taker than him?

• Like 1

Good luck to the guy, he's good enough to be playing somewhere in the Prem.

Still dont think he's a top 10 player though but he's been a good servant to the club and never complained from what I could see despite being a fringe player for most of his time here.

• Like 2

I guess the loan fee/wages will be offset from the fee for Digne and that agreeing to the loan, may have swung that deal. Hope he does well up there and that they finish the season in the top half (below us). 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm glad we've moved on from him but nothing but respect for the guy. 

Let's not forget how he helped us get to this point. 

The likes of El Ghazi, Hourihane and Elmo should have our respect for a long time. 

I wish him well.

It's only a loan.

He is still under contract until June 2023.

No need to say our goodbyes just yet.

27 minutes ago, useless said:

He's only going there on loan and Everton don't have an obligation to buy. Kind of disappointing as he will only have one year left on his contract at the end of the loan, we won't be getting anywhere near £15m for him at that point.

I guess we will be getting a loan fee.  If that's £2-3m and we get £10m in the summer that's still pretty good. 

Â