John McGinn

PompeyVillan

That attempted pass to Cash I think that went out for a throw around the hour mark was atrocious. That a PL midfielder would do that is shocking. Also when you get turned John, please run towards your own goal. Chased Dennis back at one stage in the first half but time and time again he just jogs back. 

I was shocked yesterday at the appearance and physicality of McGinn. Overweight and could barely break into a jog before blowing out his arse.

WTF are they doing with him in training that his overall conditioning and fitness is so poor?

Should be nowhere near the first team presently and sends the wrong message out to the rest of the squad. Sanson must be pretty **** poor to not be chosen ahead of McGinn currently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

That attempted pass to Cash I think that went out for a throw around the hour mark was atrocious. That a PL midfielder would do that is shocking. Also when you get turned John, please run towards your own goal. Chased Dennis back at one stage in the first half but time and time again he just jogs back. 

Agreed awful. Not defending him cus he was terrible again yesterday but the worrying thing is that every game there are several examples of thos types of mindless, idiotic passes/decisions from all sorts of players

33 minutes ago, striker said:

I was shocked yesterday at the appearance and physicality of McGinn. Overweight and could barely break into a jog before blowing out his arse.

WTF are they doing with him in training that his overall conditioning and fitness is so poor?

Should be nowhere near the first team presently and sends the wrong message out to the rest of the squad. Sanson must be pretty **** poor to not be chosen ahead of McGinn currently.

Yeah but he posts videos of his training ground pranks on social media mate, think of the banter vacuum without him in the side!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, striker said:

His body shape and posture reminds me of when I'm out for a run and catch glimpse of myself in a shop window. That's not a good thing.

• Haha 2

Don’t dislike McGinn, he’s been quite disciplined in his role since Gerrard came through the door, but his one footedness and having to take those extra touches to get onto it is dire, he the proceeds to ping in across field after taking 5mins telegraphing  to the opposition, “this is what I’m going to do!”

McGinn is a lower PL or Championship player.

He's just not athletic enough and gives the ball away too much at this level.

Again his (and others) inconsistencies result in the team never getting any further than midtable or twelfth as we currently stand.

Perhaps we persist within until the end of the season and then replace him, but I think he is our poorest midfielder.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

We need to get rid of him (along with everyone with us in our first year back up)

We need to get rid of Mings and Konsa? Blimey.

McGinn is a decent midtable midfielder on his day. The problem is when it's not his day we have nobody the manager trusts to bring on. He certainly shouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

• Like 1

John makes me sad.

Because we KNOW just how good he is on his day, but his days are now too far in between.

Also, unmatched as a character and part of this family.

I don't want him gone, but I want him to at least be benchable/benched.

I have a feeling at this stage, he would be much more effective as an impact sub ( When we get other players in Obs ).

The first couple games SG came in he was brilliant, WTF happened?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

John makes me sad.

Because we KNOW just how good he is on his day, but his days are now too far in between.

Also, unmatched as a character and part of this family.

I don't want him gone, but I want him to at least be benchable/benched.

I have a feeling at this stage, he would be much more effective as an impact sub ( When we get other players in Obs ).

The first couple games SG came in he was brilliant, WTF happened?

I agree. He also strikes me as someone who would work himself into the ground to get back into the starting 11 if he lost his place. All too easy for him right now.

Problem is, he actually does run and get tackles in, far more than JJ and doug do. So you drop him you lose that. 

Has to be JJ, sanson plus one other

• Like 2

Â